Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 100 Striped Bass caught at the Aqueduct

Default 100 Striped Bass caught at the Aqueduct

Field reporter etucker coming to you from the Duct is still reporting wide open fishing for smaller Striped Bass. That statement I just wrote is probably the most unlikely thing I ever wrote if this was 3 years ago. I was fishing the Duct back then but just as a tourist, other people were the experts. Now I'm getting mail from people who would like more information about Duct fishing. I'll try to answer any question ask to me about any kind of fishing I do. I would just like to see more fish reports written by anyone, so other people can get the joy in sharing with others their fishing experiences. We've got a nice group of people here at FNN, so let's share our outdoor experiences a we bit more!!! lol

I encourage anyone who reads this Duct report written by me, to read all three reports I wrote on the Duct. It's just one continuing report of me and my friends going to the Duct in the same location. So I don't have to keep rehashing the same information on every report. I'll tell you what changed but also what's continuing to work. The 100 Striper's were caught by our group of 4 anglers. My friend Jeff caught 36 Stripers on Sardines and I caught 31 Stripers on worms. Dan and DJ caught the rest of fish mostly on worms. So you can see "BOTH" baits work about equally. Legal fish to keep (over 18 inches) were fewer on this trip. (We only caught 3) Yet my Alpha spot at Golf course road, keeps pumping out limits for the people who get that spot. (We for the third week in a row didn't get that spot) It's funny but that spot opens up in the afternoon, so it's not impossible to get it. If anyone is going to Duct and fish the Golf course road area, "I'll tell you that exact spot," if you want to know??? That's it for now, as the bite keeps rolling along!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 05-08-2017 at 01:43 PM.

Now hold on just a minute there,
    Your still a duct tourist until you complete atleast 2 more missions. You broke your duct cherry by heading to bako to catch some dink jailbirds and get your confidence up. Now for your 1st mission (if you choose to except), travel away from golf course road (explore) and put some DD's under your belt. Your 2nd mission (after you complete the first), come out to the AV (west side preferably) and put those bako skills you have learned to the test. If you are successful here then you can honestly say you are no longer a duct tourist.

However on another note, glad to see you out there putting your time in, catching some fish, and posting about it. Its nice to hear some people still killing something in the duct since I haven't had type to slay lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin4runner View Post
    Your still a duct tourist until you complete atleast 2 more missions. You broke your duct cherry by heading to bako to catch some dink jailbirds and get your confidence up. Now for your 1st mission (if you choose to except), travel away from golf course road (explore) and put some DD's under your belt. Your 2nd mission (after you complete the first), come out to the AV (west side preferably) and put those bako skills you have learned to the test. If you are successful here then you can honestly say you are no longer a duct tourist.

However on another note, glad to see you out there putting your time in, catching some fish, and posting about it. Its nice to hear some people still killing something in the duct since I haven't had type to slay lately.
    I'm glad to get some responses from my reports. The AV duct is a totally different animal from what I've heard compared to BAKO. However, when someone writes a report about the AV duct it get's a tremendous amount of views. (so there is a lot of interest) I'm going to have to give it a try and see what happens. I will start doing my homework ASAP!! lol

eTucks,

Straight killin' em in Bako.

Why do you hate pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkbait View Post
    Why do you hate pictures?
    I'm a story teller!!!! Compare listening to a Dodger game on the radio and watching it on TV with the sound turn down. They both have their place and I've enjoyed both ways for years. The funniest experience I ever had was my first Laker game at the Fabulous Forum. I had watched them before many times on TV with Chick Hearn calling the play by play. (it was great!!) When I was watching them live it was dead silence unless they did a great play and the people cheered. Other then that, it looked to me they were just doing Basketball drills. The point is, "I'm trying to create a mental picture of my adventures." (like Chick Hearn did in calling the play by play) Every reader in their minds will imagine it a little different. That's why I'm doing my reports without pictures. Otherwise everyone would see the same image with pictures. By the way thanks for asking!!! lol

PS. I'm also not very photogenic. (aka I'm pretty ugly) but the GF is starting to go a lot more (she's not too hard on the eyes) and Glenn looks like a Big Wookie, he's 6'9 with long hair and beard. So I could take pictures of them. They don't look too bad if I get the right camera angle!!! lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 05-09-2017 at 12:47 PM.

Well E-Man I made the trip to Bako @ Golf Course Road . Wow like fishing in city dump trash every where bags beer cans just blowing around in the wind . Trash blowing offf the top in too Aqueduct . Fishing line by mile lying on the bank . And part I don't understand anhvovie bait carpeting ground . Why don't through the heads tails and left overs in the water for fish to eat .

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin4runner View Post

Or try a stretch in Hesperia, a test for a real man that can put some miles on the ground in search. Don't think this is ole Etucker's type of fishing though, too much work.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Or try a stretch in Hesperia, a test for a real man that can put some miles on the ground in search. Don't think this is ole Etucker's type of fishing though, too much work.
    Who said fishing had to be hard work tho?!

;-)

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    What too much work???? (work is my middle name) It's funny because I am one of the most prepared to do what it takes fishermen, anyone would meet this side of the Pecos!!! On this trip I walked my bait up and down the Aqueduct for hours without stopping. I was joking with my friend Jeff on this trip, that I wish I knew how many miles I walked up and down the Aqueduct. He said he has an App on his phone that counted his steps on this trip. I knew I walked more then he did, so my tally would have been more then him. He showed me his number and it was 7 miles and change. So it was safe to say I walked 8 miles on this trip to the Duct. I don't know what Seal thinks is a lot but I'm no slacker!!! I try to walk 3-5 miles a day 4-5 times a week for my Health. I might not look like much but I can a sure you it won't be me, who puss's out on a Hunting or Fishing adventure!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 05-31-2017 at 04:00 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast