Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Great plastic worms!

Default Great plastic worms!

Being a hippie from the 70s, and a bass fisherman too, I've got some old baits that were killer baits back in the day. I found these plastic worms and I've been using one of them ay my local park lake with pretty good success, The top one is a "Fluttertail" worm. The one in the middle is a "Fliptail" worm, and the bottom was called a "Lindytail". All worked very good in the San Diego city bass lakes Lake Henshaw and just about every lake that had bass in it. The brown Lindytail rigged with a small split shot being the best worm for me. I wish I could find more of these old baits. I'll check ebay.

Yes Jeff and they are classics and I have a bunch Mann's Jelly Worms from the 70s of all sizes and they are in great condition to this day and still use them. Cream was a good worm also one of the first.

Fishmounter, not sure how many of them you have, but they look like a great design! How is the plastic on them? You could always try making a few molds out of those as templates and pouring your own? That's the first thing that came to my mind

These are round, mold injected. I really don't want to make these worms with one side flat.

go on youtube and look up how to make the molds. you can prob get all 3 of those in one mold so each time you poured you would get one of each. though to get into making your own soft plastics takes a little bit of cash. but if you have some money to blow and some time on your hands you can prob do it easily. i never tried but i have watched vids on youtube and it seems pretty easy if you have all the stuff to do it and some time and patience.