Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Santa Ana River/Bear Creek/Big Bear

Default Santa Ana River/Bear Creek/Big Bear

Posting this out on a limb trying to figure out if anyone has been fishing up here. I know with all the snowfall flows should be doing well. Anyone been fishing the Santa Ana along Seven Oaks Rd? I also enjoy taking the dirt trail all the way over to Bear Creek to catch some nice ones. 4x4 only... Really praying this neat ecosystem we have can continue to prosper. I remember last summer it was nearly dry. This hidden gem is like a little bit of eastern sierras here in our backyard.

Pretty blown out with lots of water coming down the hill.

With those rains, I wonder how those mountain roads held up.

I know it was a pretty interesting adventure the last time, seeing a vehicle that had to be winched out of a washout. And that was before the major storms.

Remember! Triple A doesn't go out there.

I used to live and work at Seven Oaks Resort but it's been about a year since my last visit. Three weeks ago I rode the thumper in behind Seven Oaks Dam. The road was narrow in some spots & a few rocks here and there, otherwise not too bad. As of 4-17 the waters AF is 2151.

I was up there last week. April 28. The water was perfect. Not too fast and high enough to make it nice. The road from Seven Oaks at the point where the south fork of the Santa Ana river crosses 38 all the way to glass road was great. Not sure west of that area.

The CFW site said they were stocking on the 23rd. But I guess that was the week of the 23rd. By Friday noon the truck had still not arrived.

I caught two holdover fish. One a obvious 14" stocker that had the beginnings of an enlarged jaw with wildish teeth and a 10" that had wild markings. That was it. All others I talked to caught nothing.

Weather was great. People were nice. Everything nice and green.

I am sure "the truck" has arrived since then and there are fish now.

No worries about the road or too much flow.