Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Santa Ana River Lakes Catfish

Default Santa Ana River Lakes Catfish

It's that time of the year. They just stocked catfish on Thursday! Anyone thinking about going cat fishing tonight?

I will be there tomorrow night ! Best of luck man ! let us know how you do

Default Catfishing

Quote Originally Posted by fishingbear View Post
    I will be there tomorrow night ! Best of luck man ! let us know how you do
    So will I. Will be in a Maroon Toyota Avalon. Where do you plan to fis?

Quote Originally Posted by chatmar View Post
    So will I. Will be in a Maroon Toyota Avalon. Where do you plan to fis?
    Im going to be in a black mercedes, ill keep an eye out for you. Im not sure where yet as i have only fished there a handful of times. Is there a spot you recommend? Also if you don't mind me asking, what setup are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by fishingbear View Post
    Im going to be in a black mercedes, ill keep an eye out for you. Im not sure where yet as i have only fished there a handful of times. Is there a spot you recommend? Also if you don't mind me asking, what setup are you using?
    Got to lake just when they opened (5PM). Learned hot cat bite was happening on the little strip of road that separates the big lake from Chris's pond. Already packed when I pulled up to the area, found a spot between two group of fishing parties and set up my gear. The guy to my right caught nothing, but the two guys to the left of me were slaying the cats. I caught 3 before leaving at 11 PM. All stockers. Setup that was working for the guys next to me was sliding 1oz sinker, short leader and shrimp dipped in hogwild. The bite was wide open but only in a 24 feet area in front of these guys. They weren't casting very far. This is the hot spot for past two weeks and you have to wait for someone to leave before you can get your turn from shore. A boat pulled up exactly in front of the guys catching the cats (to close to shore because they started arguing about it) and they began to slay the cats. Bite died off about 1 hour later ( I think the boat was to close to the school of Cats and spooked them away). Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by chatmar View Post
    Got to lake just when they opened (5PM). Learned hot cat bite was happening on the little strip of road that separates the big lake from Chris's pond. Already packed when I pulled up to the area, found a spot between two group of fishing parties and set up my gear. The guy to my right caught nothing, but the two guys to the left of me were slaying the cats. I caught 3 before leaving at 11 PM. All stockers. Setup that was working for the guys next to me was sliding 1oz sinker, short leader and shrimp dipped in hogwild. The bite was wide open but only in a 24 feet area in front of these guys. They weren't casting very far. This is the hot spot for past two weeks and you have to wait for someone to leave before you can get your turn from shore. A boat pulled up exactly in front of the guys catching the cats (to close to shore because they started arguing about it) and they began to slay the cats. Bite died off about 1 hour later ( I think the boat was to close to the school of Cats and spooked them away). Hope this helps!
    Thanks for letting us know !! I went there and stayed overnight. We fished all along chris pond and set up camp there. Not one bite. I was using the same set up with shrimp dipped in garlic though and a 18-24" leader but still nothing. No one on our side was catching anything. Better luck next time