Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rough Day

Default Rough Day

Went out yesterday....First time back in 3 weeks.....Wow water up some more, and the Algee....Worst I have seen in a while.....Was a bit windy, caught 3 smaller ones, all on a underspin with a zoom fluke...just a rough day....And on a side note, the rental boats are getting worse every time I go...it is a shame.....

Rental boats getting worse? Customer service issue or boats are just in rough shape? I personally haven't been back to dvl for some time now, every time I go I have my guard up with the workers..

No problem with the help....Just the boats in VERY poor shape...I have been told they are not putting money into fixing them

Did you mention the rental fleet? You have no idea. Back in the day before they replaced them they were barely sea worthy. Leaks, gouges, and stalled motors was commonplace. Electronics......dont even bother. Trolling motor,,,,first half hour of the day if you were lucky. They then replaced them for the most part, but the replacements must be getting pretty beat up now as well. But the abuse they take is unmatched. Saw a guy once go hauling by me as I fished. Heck, he was going so fast he kept going past the edge of the lake right up on to land well into the weeds and covered some distance before he abruptly stopped. Either he was trying a new boat positioning technique that required the boat be hidden up in the weeds completely out of the lake or he wasnt paying attention. Either wya that prop and lower unit got a workout that day

We rented one of the Red Lund boats last year and I thought is was "GREAT"!!!! Super wide and very nice inside. I did bring my own Fish graph and trolling motor to be fair. I'm guessing you rented one of their Bass boats. I took one look at those and started laughing!!! We paid $95 dollars for a great boat and those other people paid $160 for a piece of crap!!!! What were those 2 old expressions, "look before you leap" and learn from "OTHER" peoples mistakes!!!! lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 04-28-2017 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    We rented one of the Red Lund boats last year and I thought is was "GREAT"!!!! Super wide and very nice inside. I did bring my own Fish graph and trolling motor to be fair. I'm guessing you rented one of their Bass boats. I took one look at those and started laughing!!! We paid $95 dollars for a great boat and those other people paid $160 for a piece of crap!!!! What were those 2 old expressions, "look before you leap" and learn from "OTHER" peoples mistakes!!!! lol
    Yeah, those premium bass boat is a joke. My trolling motor kept dying after a 3 minutes after I shut down the engine. Better off getting a basic boat and attaching your own trolling motor. I never had a problem with the staff.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    Did you mention the rental fleet? You have no idea. Back in the day before they replaced them they were barely sea worthy. Leaks, gouges, and stalled motors was commonplace. Electronics......dont even bother. Trolling motor,,,,first half hour of the day if you were lucky. They then replaced them for the most part, but the replacements must be getting pretty beat up now as well. But the abuse they take is unmatched. Saw a guy once go hauling by me as I fished. Heck, he was going so fast he kept going past the edge of the lake right up on to land well into the weeds and covered some distance before he abruptly stopped. Either he was trying a new boat positioning technique that required the boat be hidden up in the weeds completely out of the lake or he wasnt paying attention. Either wya that prop and lower unit got a workout that day
    Good old fashioned comedy! Had a few rentals bounce off my side rail while anchored up over structure... Been a while though.

Saw a guy once go hauling by me as I fished. Heck, he was going so fast he kept going past the edge of the lake right up on to land well into the weeds and covered some distance before he abruptly stopped.
    Was this the same rental that you dragged back into the water after the captain decided to try land boating?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Was this the same rental that you dragged back into the water after the captain decided to try land boating?
    It was.................and it wouldnt have been so heavy but it looked like the guys had better rod and reel inventory then your local kmart, pawn shop, and Salvation Army combined. And they had about three of everything else a "weekend warrior", "bucket brigader" would ever need. Didnt ask then if they had any luck fishing wise, but i am gonna venture a guess "No".

It was.................and it wouldnt have been so heavy but it looked like the guys had better rod and reel inventory then your local kmart, pawn shop, and Salvation Army combined. And they had about three of everything else a "weekend warrior", "bucket brigader" would ever need. Didnt ask then if they had any luck fishing wise, but i am gonna venture a guess "No".
    Oh fun times.

I remember getting called out on this board for me calling the marina to let them know Gilligan found land and him and the Skipper might need some assistance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast