Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: bass are moving shallow again.

Default bass are moving shallow again.

though i skunked the past two trips one thing i noticed is the bass are moving up after going deep after the last cold front. was out a few days ago for a couple hours in high winds fishing into the high wind and had up to 5# ers smashing bait fish full breaching. my luck i couldnt land one of those suckers but where they were at i really didnt have the best angle to hit them either esp with those winds. but was nice seeing largies actually being active and showing off. i tried to rent a boat the day after in 30 mph winds but they wouldnt rent one(i called first) so i just banged on the shore for a couple hours and headed back to drop off car instead of getting dropped off though i regret not getting dropped off and putting in a long session for a possible lunk. ive got a few decent ones during the spawn. and one nice one prespawn after a trout plant. got each species of bass there that day. you can check out the vid if you want. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-6FQTRojY0 those were my first non dink stripers ever i mainly target largies out at the upper and mainly land them. though its easy to skunk many sessions in a row even when you see fish jumping. im trying for a dd or a teener or the monsters. hope you guys can get out and land a couple lunks before the easy springtime fishing is over and the lake is filled with so much food the bass literally have a swimming buffet around them at all times. cya and good luck out there.

I would be tossing a bubble instead of the old style bobber, put some water in it and gives you casting distance. Same fly works wonders at Silverwood doing the same technique especially in springtime when fry is smaller.

nice video!
    you got a trifecta! Smallie, Striper and a nice largie!
    great outing!

thanks for sharing

thanks guys, ya i just used that bobber because its all i got right now. i tried to mod a weighted bobber but i put the weight inside it wrong so it didnt do what i wanted it to do. it was my firtst time sticking to it all session and it payed off. i do like the style and even want to use it for bigger presentations also and maybe upgrade size of bobber to match the bait. ive heard this trick is also ownage from boats without a bobber to get suspended fish and drop your jig and let it suspend a few feet above the suspended bass though i havent tried it. its tough from shore at castaic but there is deff some nice fish to be caught there. i got a couple dinks thurs after a half day at work. the water rose around 10 feet over wed and thurs. the dinks i got were deeper. good luck if you guys get out
    Last edited by jdogg661420; 04-28-2017 at 10:14 PM.

Great video! Nice job from the shore.