Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: new to fnn, shorelocked on castaic

Default new to fnn, shorelocked on castaic

still in my rookie year bass fishing this my first spawn but been banging on the banks hard this year looking for dd, teener , or record fish. and im not stopping till i get a few.
    i grew up next to castaic in scv my full life basically (40 at end of year) i remember as a kid going to the lagoon all the time for the drag boat races. even saw billy the kid crash there.(sad day)
    never really liked to fish on lakes but decided since i lived here forever and never got a dd i should at least get one from here. i grew up more trout fishing in rivers streams ect in norcal when i could get up there to visit my uncle or go on camping trips with the family. the lake is tough but there is a lot of fish here. ive learned a lot but its still easy to skunk multiple trips at castaic from the limited shoreline they have there to fish. i hit the lagoon everynight for a month last summer and at the end of month basically scored a fish per night with skunks on some nights and some nights multiple fish. then for fall i said screw it and started putting in almost all my time up at the upper lake when i can get out. im carless but still get there whenever i can borrow my sisters car. im part time at work but if i get full time and a car again ill prob be there daily. i dont care about the size of fish i catch really, i also want to get a lunker bluegill from there and a nice striper though i mainly target largies and if i skunk for 3-4 hours and i can still fish ill go for small fish just to beat the skunk. i got a youtube channel though i dont have a good mic yet so my vids are still only decent. if you want to check out one of the better fish i got right before prespawn right after a trout plant you can check my float and fly vid.
    my channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM1...0ny0ECGEr1HPiQ
    float and fly vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-6FQTRojY0
    good luck this year all. cya
    Last edited by jdogg661420; 04-26-2017 at 10:12 PM.