Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Freshwater bait?

Default Freshwater bait?

So now that WalMart no longer sells bait for freshwater fishing.. like mealworms, red worms, night crawlers, mackerel, etc., where do fishermen in the Riverside, San Bernardino, Corona areas get this kind of bait? Walmart was so close to me. I went into the re-organized and very clean Colton store a couple of days ago, and I could not find their bait 'fridge anywhere. When I asked a sales person where they moved the bait to he said that Walmart is no longer selling bait other than bait that comes in jars. What!?

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    So now that WalMart no longer sells bait for freshwater fishing.. like mealworms, red worms, night crawlers, mackerel, etc., where do fishermen in the Riverside, San Bernardino, Corona areas get this kind of bait? Walmart was so close to me. I went into the re-organized and very clean Colton store a couple of days ago, and I could not find their bait 'fridge anywhere. When I asked a sales person where they moved the bait to he said that Walmart is no longer selling bait other than bait that comes in jars. What!?
    Try Big 5 Sporting Goods!!! I just googled them and there is some near you. Some times they keep the bait in the back, so just ask the cashier.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 04-26-2017 at 01:29 PM.

I know most reputable pet stores sell meal worms.

Dunno about red worms or nightcrawlers.

You should start a compost heap and grow your own.

big 5 is a good idea, but can be hit and miss. I travel for work and have had good luck finding bait or other essentials at nearby gas stations or liquor stores. Hope this helps

buying worms at sporting good outlets is a waste of money. you can get worms of different kinds at petstores for alot cheaper

Turners on orange show. San Bernardino. About 4 minutes north from Washington.

Try Walmart again!! It looked like my local Walmart's were also getting out of the bait business. When Wal La, my local Walmart just got a full load of bait again!!! N/C, red worms etc.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 05-16-2017 at 08:27 AM.