Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing  The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Pete Marino Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  Last Chance Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bass

Default Bass

Attachment 49836

His lip was torn up, but he lives on.

where at?
    what did you catch it on?

Quote Originally Posted by mr cos View Post
    where at?
    what did you catch it on?
    2016 was my first year of bass fishing. I had only caught one 2" bass before then, on a fly. All these fish were caught at Laguna Lake (a real gem of a lake) and most with the dropshot and a plastic worm, Berkley, Roboworm, Senko.

The third to the last bass, my p.b., was caught when I was using a mealworm pupae to catch bluegill. It actually came after a hooked b-gill and I was able to yank the b-gill from the water before the bass ate it. I accidentally dropped the gill back in the water and who knew? The bass came back and ate it. I guess the gill was lip hooked and when the hook came out, it hooked that bass.

Before the Game Warden comes to cite me, earlier that day I also dropped a gill after I unhooked it and it fell to the ground where a female duck ate it.

The first-post fish was caught in 2017.

Attachment 49837Attachment 49838Attachment 49839Attachment 49840Attachment 49841Attachment 49842Attachment 49843Attachment 49844
    Attachment 49845

Catfish.

Attachment 49846

I have been hooking catfish at Laguna. I release all I have caught. I thought about eating one. The other day while fishing I saw a 8 inch diameter rainbow colored oil spot. I watched it as it float by. It hit some junk at the edge of the bank. I though it would break apart. It was a solid mass that spun around. It stopped. i grabbed a stick and poke at it. The stick made a hole. Also made a thin coating on the stick. I poked at more of it. More coatings on the stick. It was like plastic cellifane. I poked as much as I could. I got most of it. The end of the stick was covered with the thin plastic coatings. Yes, it was kind gross. I won't be eating any catfish. I won't be eating any fish from the lake. Anyone have an idea what it is?

dont know, but nice job on the fish! I might have to check that place out soon.
    wtg

Quote Originally Posted by mr cos View Post
    dont know, but nice job on the fish! I might have to check that place out soon.
    wtg

definitely go out, it's great.

you really want no part of you to come out in the pictures huh?

Attachment 50015

Sadly this fish bled. Berkley Worm n hook came out clean. Quick n easy. Got it back in the water before this snap shot. After release it rested for two seconds and swam off. Hope it was able to survive.

I was fishing the lake and watched a guy pour a ice chest of about 20 fish in the lake. I could not tell the kind of fish until I moved close to the dump site. I saw a big dead goldfish 5 inches floating there. I am not sure if all the fish let go were the same.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast