Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Trabucco creek 4/22

Default Trabucco creek 4/22

Saw that they stocked trabucco creek, its been four years since i fished it. Got up there around 7am and saw a couple fish in the first pool. one bit then came off on a panther martin spinner. walked the creek all the way to the top only saw 3-4 pools holding fish. several followers but no bites. tried mini jigs, spinners and dipped some flies in the water too. all but gave up on my way back most of the spots that had fish had people fishing them. after talking with a few anglers with similar luck, or lack there-of I made a cast into a pool where they had been fishing for awhile and got one. next cast another. stopped at 2 more pools on the way down and stuck 3 more. long day fished at 2:00pm but did scratch out a limit. fish were full of what seemed like mayflys everywhere. the trick was to make a few casts and get one or two bites then move onto the next pool. fish were super spooky. if you head up durring the week with some brown flys or spinners you could probably have a fun day. too many people up there on the weekend. not to mention severally families camped out at the larger pools with their kids swimming in the water... sorry no pics, should have taken one to show how fat those fish were on all the flys that were hatching.

They'll all be gone by next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo View Post
    Sooner if i can get up there with my gill nets.

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoBasster View Post
    No gill nets allowed on Trabuco Creek. Only buckets. Lather up your hair then rinse in the creek. When the trout float up, you scoop them into your bucket. They would go right through the net.

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GhettoBasster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    No gill nets allowed on Trabuco Creek. Only buckets. Lather up your hair then rinse in the creek. When the trout float up, you scoop them into your bucket. They would go right through the net.

I came here for this.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post

I came here for this.
    Me too got the popcorn going.

come over here....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20100807_121105_cd07camp2.jpg 
Views:	737 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	49847

quite possibly the same ones whose parents don't know what biodegradable tp means...

jus' sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by hookdfisherman View Post

come over here....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20100807_121105_cd07camp2.jpg 
Views:	737 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	49847

quite possibly the same ones whose parents don't know what biodegradable tp means...

jus' sayin'

i think that is Ruth Buzzi...

Last edited by hookdfisherman; 04-28-2017 at 07:46 PM.