Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fisherman's Rretreat?

My favorite lake to fish. Derby crowds are getting out of control though cuz word is getting out, on the other hand the owners are putting alot of money into the lake so i guess its a fair trade. Go on a weekday, its empty mon-wed,

Too warm now for trout right?

Not int cat fish....nothing wrong with cat fish, just that I know nothing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by sumodnb View Post
    My favorite lake to fish. Derby crowds are getting out of control though cuz word is getting out, on the other hand the owners are putting alot of money into the lake so i guess its a fair trade. Go on a weekday, its empty mon-wed,

You guys have me interested. Any tips on baits or spots in the lake. I would go during the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
    Too warm now for trout right?

Not int cat fish....nothing wrong with cat fish, just that I know nothing about it.
    I was a Captain at the Cast-4-Kids event at Lake Silverwood last weekend, (Saturday), and there were plenty of trout caught. The water temp was in the low 60's. The weather was really rainy, cold & windy with the storm that passed through. If you're looking for some trout fishing I would suggest you hit up Lake Silverwood....before the Stripers gobble them all up!

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    You guys have me interested. Any tips on baits or spots in the lake. I would go during the week.
    There should be lots of fry balls right now so I would throw a buzz frog in the morning and stop it on top of the fry balls and let it drop through. Poppers as well, just let it sit near a fry ball and pop it as they come close. early afternoon throw shallow running jerkbaits, big square bills, small inline spinners(the dragonfly bite should be picking up soon), and a NED rig of course cuz it always works. in the late afternoon/early evening throw LOTS OF TOPWATER, light colored spinnerbaits and chrome rattletraps. This is my recipe for mid to late spring success at the retreat. In a month or so, a bluegill patterned swim jig will be all you need for 20-30 fish days...... I can't wait.

Etucker tossing bass baits? I think it more likely that he will toss a topwater ball of power bait.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Etucker tossing bass baits? I think it more likely that he will toss a topwater ball of power bait.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Your timing was perfect on that crack!!!! I spent all week getting my "BASS LURES" all tuned up and barbs smashed down for my "BASS TRIP" this Sunday to Barrett Lake. Look for my full report about them hitting my, "cranks, top water and plastics." lol

In fairness to Seal, I did go on a bait trip last Thursday to Lake Wolhford. I threw Minnows all day and caught everything but the fish I was targeting with them. I was trying to catch some Crappie with them. Instead I caught Bass, Catfish and a Trout on them. So yes I do like to bait fish, but I will fish artificials if that's what their biting on.

PS I did see an interesting post yesterday on Facebook. Good size American Shad being caught at Lake Pyramid. It did come from a reliable source we all know soo well!!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Good size American Shad being caught at Lake Pyramid. It did come from a reliable source we all know soo well!!!! lol
    Like, Pyramid Lake, Nevada?

Or did this come from the same guys that brought you frog fishing for stripers at Silverwood?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Like, Pyramid Lake, Nevada?

Or did this come from the same guys that brought you frog fishing for stripers at Silverwood?
    It was our local Pyramid Lake that's in the middle of the Grapevine. The person I'm referring to is also an expert on when a stocked trout turns into a holdover trout. lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12