Bishop Canyon closures
Here's a report passed on from Sabrina Landing. Looks like a damper to loyal enthusiasts ... likely opening day?
Lake Sabrina Boat Landing
April 20, 2017
This just in - Snow removal operations are suspended on the road above Aspendell to Lake Sabrina due to avalanche concerns until after May 1st.
This posted on the Inyo County Sheriff's Office FB page -
Current Road Conditions for Inyo County Mountain Roads:
1) Upper Rock Creek, above Toms place CLOSED- Mono County is expected to begin snow removal operations the week of April 17th (weather permitting). Inyo Road Dept. will not be able to access or estimate the snow removal timeline for the last mile of Rock Creek Rd. in Inyo County until the week of May 1st.
2) Pine Creek Rd. OPEN- No restrictions
3) Sabrina Rd. - CLOSED- Inyo section, one lane clearing operations to the (unplowed) USFS parking lot, 0-5 of snow on roadway. Due to avalanche concerns, snow removal operations have been suspended until this storm cycle ends (approximately May 1st). The lake is currently covered in 2-6 of snow. Caltrans section, unknown timeline to opening.
4) North Lake Rd. CLOSED- Currently 0-5 of snow on road way, due to the narrow and hazardous sections of road, there are no immediate plans to open North Lake Rd. conditions will be monitored and reassessed May 1st.
5) South Lake Rd. CLOSED- Closure is at the Bishop Creek Lodge, one lane clearing operations to the Pack Station, 2-6of snow, operations dependent on weather and avalanche conditions.
6) Glacier Lodge Rd. -OPEN- No restrictions
7) Onion Valley Rd. CLOSED- Closure is at Seven Pines Rd., Currently clearing as weather and conditions permit, anticipated opening May 1st.
8) Whitney Portal Rd. CLOSED- Closure is just above Hogback Rd., snow/rock removal operation is in process, anticipated opening May 1st to the USFS parking lot.
9) Horseshoe Meadows Rd. CLOSED- Due to road structural damage and rockslides; Inyo County is currently working with partner agencies on repair options. Anticipated opening June/July.
10) Nine Mile Rd. OPEN No restrictions.
*The large quantity of snow this winter, and the weather patterns, is hampering the spring road opening operations. As storms continue, expect and be prepared for, changes to the following conditions.