Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Recessed Trolling Motor Tray Question

Default Recessed Trolling Motor Tray Question

I have a 2005 Tracker Avalanche DC and I want to put in a recessed trolling motor tray. When I looked under my deck (wood) I would have to cut two aluminum braces that support the deck. Looking for some advice, has anyone had to cut braces to install? If so, has anyone found a good way to 're-brace' the deck. I have looked online and only found people who did not have to cut braces to install. From what I have read, the recessed trolling motor is the only way to go. Tight lines!

Default Trolling motor tray

Can you cut the braces and run supports from the bottom of the boat, straight up to give each side support ? I ended up rebuilding the entire front section of my deck as it had little support to begin with. I then tested it out by placing an NFL tackle on the deck with me while fishing, just to see if we would fall through. Thank god it held up. As we were fishing in florida in a gator infested lake ! lol ! My back feels much better ever since I put in the trolling motor tray. You will like it dude. You can see the area of the front deck I braced up myself, not the prettiest in the world but it holds, and the way the boat manufacturer does it, with no supports. Now, my boat is 20 yrs old too. The bow was always spongy and it always felt like you were gonna fall through ! Now I know it was because there were no supports.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1695_2.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	49804   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1688_2.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	49805  

Muskyman, not too sure. The bottom of the boat is filled with foam, and I don't want to attach/place any braces on the inside of the hull (don't want to damage hull). I am going to have a buddy come over for a second set of eyes, drink a few cold ones, and try to come up with a plan. Plan B is don't due it and go fish