Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laguna Lake Catfish

Default Laguna Lake Catfish

Catfish are still biting after the kids derby. Caught and released about 7 in about an hour and a half of fishing. Pike Mackeral and Shrimp. Flylined.

Quote Originally Posted by gokuguy View Post
    Catfish are still biting after the kids derby. Caught and released about 7 in about an hour and a half of fishing. Pike Mackeral and Shrimp. Flylined.
    What day did you fish? I fished Sunday and caught some but Monday was tough!

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    What day did you fish? I fished Sunday and caught some but Monday was tough!
    I was just there a couple hours ago, Tuesday night. Right around 7:00 pm is when the bite turned on and it was still on when I left around 8:15. There was some kids that were saying the bite was really good on Monday night after the sun went down.

I was just there a couple hours ago, Tuesday night. Right around 7:00 pm is when the bite turned on and it was still on when I left around 8:15. There was some kids that were saying the bite was really good on Monday night after the sun went down.
    Where you in the West end or East end? I don't need your exact spot. lol

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Where you in the West end or East end? I don't need your exact spot. lol
    PM sent. Not sure which end is the east or west...lol. I wouldn't make past a day in the military with my sense of direction..lol.

PM sent. Not sure which end is the east or west...lol. I wouldn't make past a day in the military with my sense of direction..lol.
    That's ok on directions. FYI the Dam is the West end. The Reeds are on the North Shore, across the lake from the Reeds is the South shore. The opposite end of the lake, where the Dam is "not" there is the East end. If anyone was curious!!! lol

Standing on the north bank I see a rise out of the corner of my eye and a decent sized head of a fish. I was dragging a worm through that section of water a few seconds later. I get bit. I give it a second and reel up the slack to take a swing at her. i feel the weight of the fish and then about 3/4 of the way into my swing, POP! I lost the fish.

I look at my line setup to see what gave way. Everything was gone. It was my 10 lb. power pro braid that popped. A clean break. I guess I'll have to check my braid for wear and tear. It's only been one season, in freshwater only. I have to admit, the braid was faded and lost a lot of that deep green color, but I didn't think it was going to break off.

Live and learn.

Do catfish eat off the surface? It looked like a 5-6 inch wide head. Is this possible from Laguna?

You guys don't know what Laguna Lake catfish are, catching little stocked fish. Back when I was a teenager we would catch 10 pounders all the time. Some went close to 20 pounds! We just spent the night there fishing with a big ball of Velvetta cheese or chicken livers. Had lots of adventures there at that place!

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    You guys don't know what Laguna Lake catfish are, catching little stocked fish. Back when I was a teenager we would catch 10 pounders all the time. Some went close to 20 pounds! We just spent the night there fishing with a big ball of Velvetta cheese or chicken livers. Had lots of adventures there at that place!
    Do catfish eat off the surface? It looked like a 5-6 inch wide head. Is this possible from Laguna?

So did I see a huge catfish head? or, did I just wish I did?

There are huge catfish in laguna over 10lbs. Big bass, too. saw a dude catch a very healthy seven pounder a few years ago

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast