Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Underwater footage of curious mackerel.

Default Underwater footage of curious mackerel.

I wanted to see what an umbrella rig looked like underwater and so I set it up with my Ion Air Pro Lite Wi-Fi Camera on the CASTMATE FishEye Camera Jig.

Unfortunately, one of the baits got fouled on another and it wasn't making a very good presentation, but it got the curiosity of the mackerel when they came through. I'll try again later and spread the wires out a little better on the rig.

Just a short clip...

Happy fishing!

Interesting video, as always! Looks like the macs were tasting your baits.

How were you running the camera rig? Looks like a top-down or side-view shot, so was the camera on a separate line from the u-rig? How did you aim it at the rig?

Small triangles of squid and would be just hanging them

Quote Originally Posted by shinbob View Post
    Interesting video, as always! Looks like the macs were tasting your baits.

How were you running the camera rig? Looks like a top-down or side-view shot, so was the camera on a separate line from the u-rig? How did you aim it at the rig?
    The rig is fouled on the line as well and is actually being pulled kinda sideways. The problem is I'm stopping and starting and turning around and such as I fish with my rod and reel. Next time I'll make dedicated runs with the camera rig and make getting the video my main focus.

Thanks for the vid Bob,kinda cool!

Cya Tuna Vic