Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bit the bullet and bought a boat

Default Bit the bullet and bought a boat

whats up guys! once again its been a good minute since ive been on here, hope all is well with everyone, new members and the OGs.. cant believe im finally posting in the boat section after years of shore fishing float tubing.. way way back to the pontuber days, pontubers vs the goonies lol.. so many memories.. anyway like the title says.. i finally bit the bullet.. went down to Last Chance performance marine a few weeks back and looked at there 2017 Lund 1775 renegade with the 75hp.. took about 2 weeks to get the wife down there and we ended up walking out with the same boat.. a 2017 Lund renegade.. but the upgraded version with the 90HP, helix 5 sonar/GPS at the wheel and the bow, upgraded trailer, trolling motor, pretty much upgraded everything lol.. cant wait to get this on the water and test it out.. gotta pick up a few things before i take it out like life jackets and lil things like that so the lake police dont bug.. but anyway here are some pix of the new rig! see you guys on the water! will be hitting perris, DVL, skinner, and silverwood

also i figured id put the boat in the smaller side of the garage cause its actually longer then the regular garage door.. turns out the boat is 95" wide and the garage door is 95" wide lol... got lucky that my truck fit.. it has a long travel race kit on it and barely squeezed through.. had maybe 1" per side on the tires lol..

so the boat got the big side... gotta pull it out tomorrow and sweep and clean up the garage.. cleaned out the smaller side since i planned on the boat going there..

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5132[1].jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	49791   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5130[1].jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	49790   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5129[1].jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	49789   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5128[1].jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	9.1 KB 
ID:	49786   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5112[1].JPG 
Views:	303 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	49784  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5125[1].jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	49788   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5126[1].jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	49787   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5114[1].JPG 
Views:	211 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	49785  
    Last edited by matt duarte; 04-17-2017 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matt duarte View Post
    whats up guys! once again its been a good minute since ive been on here, hope all is well with everyone, new members and the OGs.. cant believe im finally posting in the boat section after years of shore fishing float tubing.. way way back to the pontuber days, pontubers vs the goonies lol.. so many memories.. anyway like the title says.. i finally bit the bullet.. went down to Last Chance performance marine a few weeks back and looked at there 2017 Lund 1775 renegade with the 75hp.. took about 2 weeks to get the wife down there and we ended up walking out with the same boat.. a 2017 Lund renegade.. but the upgraded version with the 90HP, helix 5 sonar/GPS at the wheel and the bow, upgraded trailer, trolling motor, pretty much upgraded everything lol.. cant wait to get this on the water and test it out.. gotta pick up a few things before i take it out like life jackets and lil things like that so the lake police dont bug.. but anyway here are some pix of the new rig! see you guys on the water! will be hitting perris, DVL, skinner, and silverwood

also i figured id put the boat in the smaller side of the garage cause its actually longer then the regular garage door.. turns out the boat is 95" wide and the garage door is 95" wide lol... got lucky that my truck fit.. it has a long travel race kit on it and barely squeezed through.. had maybe 1" per side on the tires lol..

so the boat got the big side... gotta pull it out tomorrow and sweep and clean up the garage.. cleaned out the smaller side since i planned on the boat going there..

Sweet boat!!!!!! Is that a total chaos kit on your taco? Looks great.

thanks dude! no its not a chaos kit, its a race kit from Dezert toy fab outta santa maria.. its 6" wider per side and pulling 19" of wheel travel.. used to have a chaos kit on my old 04 tacoma.. needed much more travel this time around so figured id do it right lol

Nice boat, congrats! Looking at getting something similar as well. If you get lonely drop me a PM. Professional back of the boat fisherman here. Bummed ever since my by buddy with moved to Utah. He had a nice Ranger. Big swimbaits, stripers, bass, trout, whatever, I'm down. Tournaments too.

Mike

Nice boat! And nice taco too...

You'll really like the boat being a new aluminum model. I was over at Last Chance having my boat getting a new carpet and some other small items to spruce it up after having it 18 years. I saw the first models that were brought down from Minn. they were the slickest bass boats that I've seen in a long time. Take care of it and you'll have it for many years.

YFP

thanks guys! took the boat out today for its maiden voyage and man its a awesome boat, it gets on plane quick and handles perfect in the water is super stable.. i couldnt be happier with this boat.. only thing i wish i did different was not forget the sun block lol

Congrats! That's a sweet looking ride

Quote Originally Posted by Socal Bassman View Post
    Congrats! That's a sweet looking ride
    whats up man! glad to see ya still on here! havent seen a familiar name in a minute lol.. how you been? are you still hitting the lakes on the tube with anyone?

I've been good. Man, it's been a long time since I've checked in here and almost just as long since I've hit the water. I sold the old tube a couple years ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast