Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Friday 4/14 SARL

Default Friday 4/14 SARL

Thought I would post a report since hardly anyone gives one anymore. Fished SARL from 6 am - noon. Limited by 11:45 with a couple farms. They are doing a great job of stocking the lake and because of the cool temperatures in April the fishing has been good. The lightning trout are good fighters and a mass of them have been put in during the month of April. Since the lake clarity has been improved, fishing has really been consistent. Go get'em...good luck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SARL 4.14.17.jpg 
Views:	480 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	49780  

Nice catch and thanks for the report. What bait or lures were working for you? Did you see other fishermen catching fish as well? Also, one of the lightning trout has a dark spot on its back. Is that a sore or growth? Or maybe a bite mark from a bird?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyJ View Post
    Nice catch and thanks for the report. What bait or lures were working for you? Did you see other fishermen catching fish as well? Also, one of the lightning trout has a dark spot on its back. Is that a sore or growth? Or maybe a bite mark from a bird?

The bait were micetails. You have to experiment with the colors. Others were catching but sporadic. I don't know what their set-up was so it was hard to tell why they weren't catching fish. The sore spot was from a cormorant. Poor lightning trout are so easy to spot for the birds that they are easy targets. I have caught a few other Lightnings that have the same markings.

I have a question for you. (I'll call it the $64,000 question) Where you fishing the "Big Lake" or "Chris's pond?"

[QUOTE=etucker1959;787404]I have a question for you. (I'll call it the $64,000 question) Where you fishing the "Big Lake" or "Chris's pond?"[/QUOT

I was fishing the Big Lake.

Nice i was going to head out also! Bummer i missed out
    Good job on the limit so late in the season