Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DVL is starting to come alive...

Quote Originally Posted by billy b View Post
    (see Silverwood)
    Silverwood for years had a decent holdover rainbow and of course back in the day brown population that seemingly coexisted with the stripers and bigger largemouth but as of last few years that has not been the case as much. Difference I think with chances of holdover are the inlets that up until recent years would occasionally run year round providing holding spots for the trout with good water oxygenation/water quality especially in the Miller area. Looking forward to see if the significant plants combined with better creek flow will provide a nice holdover for next year. Fly fishing use to be a kick all summer long in Miller from a tube.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Silverwood for years had a decent holdover rainbow and of course back in the day brown population that seemingly coexisted with the stripers and bigger largemouth but as of last few years that has not been the case as much. Difference I think with chances of holdover are the inlets that up until recent years would occasionally run year round providing holding spots for the trout with good water oxygenation/water quality especially in the Miller area. Looking forward to see if the significant plants combined with better creek flow will provide a nice holdover for next year. Fly fishing use to be a kick all summer long in Miller from a tube.
    Didn't you know Silverwood has all that anoxic hypolimnion and shallow thermocline?

I just wanna catch some damn holdover trout.....................anoxic hypolimnion and thermoclines be damned

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerRod View Post
    I just wanna catch some damn holdover trout.....................anoxic hypolimnion and thermoclines be damned
    Big Bear....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	limno.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	7.6 KB 
ID:	49830
    Last edited by pwynn; 04-25-2017 at 03:44 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12