Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Bear Lake Opening Bass Tournament 21lb Limit

Quote Originally Posted by jonshibata1 View Post
    Fish fry? Wow, that would be horrifying! I can't stand the sight of someone taking largemouth home. The fishery would disappear pretty quickly if people took them home. Tournaments are great because they can show you the quality of fish that a lake or reservoir can produce, and you know that all of the fish caught went straight back into the water after the weigh-in. I know Big Bear has bass, but didn't think there was that kind of quality. I've only fished there in the Winter and early Spring for trout. I might have to get out there this Spring and Summer and check out the bass fishing!
    Um no fishery would not disappear from limited take in fact in many cases it would be healthy for the lake. Largemouth have absolutely no problem sustaining a population. Besides they suck to eat in most peoples opinion and with the shaming done by those that think they know better very few are actually taken, unless we are talking about park lake in the middle of big city's which is a completely different ball game.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    ....unless we are talking about park lake in the middle of big city's which is a completely different ball game.
    Definitely. The oil that naturally seeps in from all the vehicles in the city makes the meat a little tastier, IMO.

Smokier, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Um no fishery would not disappear from limited take in fact in many cases it would be healthy for the lake. Largemouth have absolutely no problem sustaining a population. Besides they suck to eat in most peoples opinion and with the shaming done by those that think they know better very few are actually taken, unless we are talking about park lake in the middle of big city's which is a completely different ball game.
    Well said seal! Big Bear is a great lake for FISHING!
    Thanks for sharing the tale and pic of them fatties. I need to go up soon, my buddy was just down yesterday from there for Easter. Came here missing BBL so really appreciate seeing a new thread here.
    Last edited by Cameron; 04-17-2017 at 02:41 PM.

Mathew do you need a special tag to get your boat on the lake? Besides being clean and dry are their any other requirements for a low lander to come up and fish?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ed View Post
    Mathew do you need a special tag to get your boat on the lake? Besides being clean and dry are their any other requirements for a low lander to come up and fish?

Have your boat clean and dry, they also have a decontamination system so you won't get turned away if there is a little water. Other then that is it free to launch but you need a lake use permit. They are $25 for the day or $110 for the season, the east boat ramp is the only one open right now. The bass bite is still good up here, the water is still in the mid 50s so slow baits have been producing the best.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12