Quote Originally Posted by jonshibata1 View Post
Fish fry? Wow, that would be horrifying! I can't stand the sight of someone taking largemouth home. The fishery would disappear pretty quickly if people took them home. Tournaments are great because they can show you the quality of fish that a lake or reservoir can produce, and you know that all of the fish caught went straight back into the water after the weigh-in. I know Big Bear has bass, but didn't think there was that kind of quality. I've only fished there in the Winter and early Spring for trout. I might have to get out there this Spring and Summer and check out the bass fishing!
Um no fishery would not disappear from limited take in fact in many cases it would be healthy for the lake. Largemouth have absolutely no problem sustaining a population. Besides they suck to eat in most peoples opinion and with the shaming done by those that think they know better very few are actually taken, unless we are talking about park lake in the middle of big city's which is a completely different ball game.