Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: The OFFICIAL 2017 Los Angeles Angels of Los Angeles and Sorta Anaheim

Default The OFFICIAL 2017 Los Angeles Angels of Los Angeles and Sorta Anaheim

At least you have Mike Trout!

Lets go Angels!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    At least you have Mike Trout!
    Still the last LA (vicinity) team with a World Series win!
    WooHoo!

I can't decide whether to be sad or happy that the Angels have been officially eliminated.
    I'm sad that another year of having the best player in baseball is wasted. I'm sad that Trout struggled down the stretch during the last 10 games of which they only won two.
    I'm happy this season is finally over and maybe we can retool and get healthy for next year. Dump some of the crappy pitchers (Nolasco & Chavez) and keep bringing up the young guns.
    If we can manage to keep Upton to help Trout. That would be nice also. I believe some of the young arms may be good trade bait right now too.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    I can't decide whether to be sad or happy that the Angels have been officially eliminated.
    I'm sad that another year of having the best player in baseball is wasted. I'm sad that Trout struggled down the stretch during the last 10 games of which they only won two.
    I'm happy this season is finally over and maybe we can retool and get healthy for next year. Dump some of the crappy pitchers (Nolasco & Chavez) and keep bringing up the young guns.
    If we can manage to keep Upton to help Trout. That would be nice also. I believe some of the young arms may be good trade bait right now too.
    Too bad you can't send Old Man Pujols to the retirement home early without having to pay him the $25 million a year that he's owed.

That has been the biggest albatross for the Angels in the past 5 years. That contract, along with the Josh Hamilton one of years back, are the epitome of what is wrong with the Angels' front office.

But, I'm not one to talk, as the Dodgers will get eliminated from the NLDS by either the Rockies or the D'Backs anyhow. Is it better to have made the NLDS and lost, then not to have made the NLDS at all?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Too bad you can't send Old Man Pujols to the retirement home early without having to pay him the $25 million a year that he's owed.

That has been the biggest albatross for the Angels in the past 5 years. That contract, along with the Josh Hamilton one of years back, are the epitome of what is wrong with the Angels' front office.

But, I'm not one to talk, as the Dodgers will get eliminated from the NLDS by either the Rockies or the D'Backs anyhow. Is it better to have made the NLDS and lost, then not to have made the NLDS at all?
    As long as Pujols is putting up over 100 rbi per year, I don't have a huge problem. Not a lot of players on any team reach that and he still has a great glove as well. He just can't run. It's hilarious watching him try to beat out a ground ball. He runs on his heels and looks like a cartoon character. Now Hamilton. That's a whole different issue. I could not understand how you pay a guy 25 million to play against you on a division rival. WTH? At least they got rid of Weaver. I love Weaver, but he's done and was costing money. Another waste was CJ Wilson. Glad they're done with him. He was like the Steve Nash of the Angels. Signed too late and always hurt.
    Last edited by Brent; 10-06-2017 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    As long as Pujols is putting up over 100 rbi per year, I don't have a huge problem. Not a lot of players on any team reach that and he still has a great glove as well. He just can't run. It's hilarious watching him try to beat out a ground ball. He runs on his heels and looks like a cartoon character. Now Hamilton. That's a whole different issue. I could not understand how you pay a guy 25 million to play against you on a division rival. WTH? At least they got rid of Weaver. I love Weaver, but he's done and was costing money. Another waste was CJ Wilson. Glad they're done with him. He was like the Steve Nash of the Angels. Signed too late and always hurt.
    I'm a bit of an Angel fan myself. Pujols making that kind of money doesn't make him the best 25 million dollar player in the game. But he is producing and I haven't seen the Angels is the past couple of years willing to spend big money on anybody but Trout. So we should be thankful were still getting good RBI numbers from anybody signed long term.