Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Float Tube Fishing Setup

Default Float Tube Fishing Setup

The phrase "float tube fishing setup" is a popular float tube related search phrase on YouTube, which tells me that this is a topic of interest to many people and so I wanted to create something around that idea. I actually plan to do several videos on this topic, so this is really meant to be an introduction to the topic.

I also wanted to show that it's really simple... float tube+pfd+fins = on the water, so I actually kept the "equipment" discussion to a minimum on purpose.

I plan to do a more equipment focused in-depth float tube review as well as equipment reviews for each specific piece of equipment, and a "float tube safety" video, but this one gets the ball rolling in my "promote the sport" series, and hopefully will fit within a broader selection of topics on my channel.

The bottom line is that people want float tubes because they want to catch fish, so I felt it was important to show that they've got the right idea. I hope this video says, "This is all you need, now let's catch some fish!"

The "I'm going to catch a fish on this cast" deal was legit. I was getting bit left and right at that time, so I felt confident, but it really was the only time I said it. It wasn't like I said it before every cast until it came true.

very nice set up, I float tubed for years now I rock a Kayak. But I till love to see cool float tube set up's. Yours is very nice thank you for sharing.
    great fishing by the way, nice catches.
    www.bassinthehood.com
    Kirk@bassinthehood.com

Thanks, Capt.!

Nice vid Bob,I sold my float tube years ago but your vids are making me reconsider for sure,especially when you can tube in shorts and not waders,I'm sure you know why!

Cya Tuna Vic

Thanks!

Indeed, I do know why and consider myself very lucky to live in a place where we can tube in board shorts for most of the year and I definitely know of at least one guy who tubes all year in board shorts. Once the water temp falls below 60, I start wearing waders... and dealing with the issues.