The phrase "float tube fishing setup" is a popular float tube related search phrase on YouTube, which tells me that this is a topic of interest to many people and so I wanted to create something around that idea. I actually plan to do several videos on this topic, so this is really meant to be an introduction to the topic.

I also wanted to show that it's really simple... float tube+pfd+fins = on the water, so I actually kept the "equipment" discussion to a minimum on purpose.

I plan to do a more equipment focused in-depth float tube review as well as equipment reviews for each specific piece of equipment, and a "float tube safety" video, but this one gets the ball rolling in my "promote the sport" series, and hopefully will fit within a broader selection of topics on my channel.

The bottom line is that people want float tubes because they want to catch fish, so I felt it was important to show that they've got the right idea. I hope this video says, "This is all you need, now let's catch some fish!"

The "I'm going to catch a fish on this cast" deal was legit. I was getting bit left and right at that time, so I felt confident, but it really was the only time I said it. It wasn't like I said it before every cast until it came true.