Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 4/1 Family Fools Day on the fly

Default 4/1 Family Fools Day on the fly

Needed to get my boat out and make sure it's ready for the salt, so decided to take the family up to Pyramid on Sat 4/1. Inspection was no big deal. Clean and dry and all that. My boat hasn't seen fresh water in over a year, but oh well, gotta keep those invasives out of the local reservoirs. Water temps around 56 degrees. They were pumping in water by the dam, so visibility was very stained - pretty much all over the lake. Wasn't there to fish hard, and I didn't really meter much anyway. Started trolling streamers around Yellow Bar and we got our first hookup. My daughters first trout:

She was pretty stoked!

Later on, we caught another trout on the same pattern, same place.

No bass or stripers today. Just lots of grins and a chance to give the boat a shakedown run before another salty season.

awesome job pops, looks like a great day on the water. she'll be slaying the tunas with ya in no time...great job and gluck on another salty season!

What a heartwarming report. I remember when my daughters were that young. Almost 20 years later they still ask me to take them fishing!

Good job pops.....Don't forget to take her fishing in the salt