Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Surf spots near SD?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Surf spots near SD?

Anyone got a recommended spot I can hit up near SD? I live in Chino and will be there a weekend in April for the Red Bull air race. Want to do some surf fishing while there. I'm a catch and release guy. Don't want to diminish the surf fish population. Fished HB a few weeks ago and landed 5 or 6 small perch. All on Berkley sand worms. I understand some people may not want to publicly post where they like so you can PM me. Thanks!

OK....I get it. Who would give up their secret spot on a public beach? Doing some scouting tomorrow.

I know this doesn't answer your question, but for me, the bays in SD have so many interesting species that are usually willing to bite, I never surf fish there.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaflamz View Post
    OK....I get it. Who would give up their secret spot on a public beach? Doing some scouting tomorrow.
    I would!!! The only problem is, "I don't surf fish." lol

San Diego and Mission bay are full of a variety of species that you can fish from shore or take a float tube and do very well. Water is around 65 right now and warming. Google floating tube fishing on either bay and you'll a month's worth of spots and species.
    Oh, you might check out Black's Beach....heard there are some spots there that could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo View Post
    Oh, you might check out Black's Beach....heard there are some spots there that could be interesting.
    I can never figure out what to wear when I go there.

Well there goes that secret spot.

Blacks is the way to go for sure!!

Quote Originally Posted by aquaflamz View Post
    Anyone got a recommended spot I can hit up near SD? I live in Chino and will be there a weekend in April for the Red Bull air race. Want to do some surf fishing while there. I'm a catch and release guy. Don't want to diminish the surf fish population. Fished HB a few weeks ago and landed 5 or 6 small perch. All on Berkley sand worms. I understand some people may not want to publicly post where they like so you can PM me. Thanks!
    Not to state the obvious, but since you are here for the Red Bull Air Races, which take place in San Diego Bay....why not fish the bay and observe the races at the same time? I've done that before in my boat and it's a great view. San Diego Bay has a tremendous fishery also. Might be worth considering to kill two birds with one stone.