Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTF Fishing Buddy Fish Finder

Default WTB Fishing Buddy Fish Finder

I've been looking for an older model fishing buddy if anyone has one for sale. I see the new ones go for around $170 but I haven't seen too many good reviews on them.
    Last edited by verbalhologram; 03-30-2017 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by verbalhologram View Post
    I've been looking for an older model fishing buddy if anyone has one for sale. I see the new ones go for around $170 but I haven't seen too many good reviews on them.
    I've got an older one and I like it. However, I did just break the mounting device so I'm looking for a replacement for the mounting device. The reason why I like it, is because I have a permanent graph mounted on my boat. So I cross referenced it by mounting it in the bow of my boat to see if I got the same signals. I did, so I trust the signals it produces.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 03-30-2017 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    I've got an older one and I like it. However, I did just break the mounting device so I'm looking for a replacement for the mounting device. The reason why I like it, is because I have a permanent graph mounted on my boat. So I cross referenced it by mounting it in the bow of my boat to see if I got the same signals. I did, so I trust the signals it produces.
    yea, I don't think I've really read any bad reviews on the 110/120 models

I broke my mount unit years ago and they sent me another one. I have an old one and really like it. I don't really use it much anymore since I have a full size boat with a top level installed finder. If I'm ever in a rent boat or have a problem with my main unit, I'm covered. It helped me catch a lot of fish back in the day with my old Sears 13' boat. I used to tear them up at Irvine and SARL. And even at Hansen Dam a few times... full rack on channel cats after a plant (every fish in the lake was right under my boat). I had a bunch of times at SARL that I filled 2 15-fish 24 hour permits in one night and had to quit before the sun came up. One time I checked in and they put my photo on their full page WON ad. They used the photo 4 or 5 times. It was massive with 30 nice cats. Last time there I had some bigger fish up to 8 pounds. It was sick. I lost count and quit at 2 am since I didn't want to go over and get kicked out. I used to hang a gunny sack over the side since I couldn't fit them all in the cooler I could fit in the boat. LOL My Fishin Buddy rocks. One more thing... Once it quit working and then replaced it for me with a new (or refurbished) unit.

How do the portable ones work? I rent boats a lot ... too old to buy a boat

Quote Originally Posted by billy b View Post
    How do the portable ones work? I rent boats a lot ... too old to buy a boat
    They work pretty good on most rental boats. They have a screw on bracket then slide your unit in the hole

I got one pm me if intrested

i have a hummingbird 120 fishin buddy and also have float tube strap.

I ended up getting one a 120 for $75 last week but hopefully there are some other looking for one. I tested out the unit today and besides depth, I have no idea how to read the images, I can't tell what's on the screen and there is no way that the fish detector is accurate, it must be picking up weeds or other structure as fish.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post

Are you still looking for a mount?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1753.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	49783   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1752.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	49782  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast