Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Sfd 3-26

Default Sfd 3-26

Got two males but had to work for em. Water clarity sucks so you can't sight fish. Got a 9 oz'er on a shad rap near the dam and got a 2 lb'er on a ned rig near the ren fair. Had to fish super slow covering all the super shallow flats, missed 3 fish cuz my flats game is rusty. Next weekend should be lights out.

Went for a few hours with my cousin yesterday. Got 3 and farmed 1. All dinks, but not males. Fish seemed to want to orient to concrete. The Ren Fair is blocking off some of the best areas. It'll be that way for another couple of months. Thinking of checking out Legg Lake instead. Anyone been there?

Quote Originally Posted by jonshibata1 View Post
    Went for a few hours with my cousin yesterday. Got 3 and farmed 1. All dinks, but not males. Fish seemed to want to orient to concrete. The Ren Fair is blocking off some of the best areas. It'll be that way for another couple of months. Thinking of checking out Legg Lake instead. Anyone been there?
    Legg is pretty cool but the high school bass guys block off the best areas during the weekdays.

How do you "block off" areas? They don't own the lake!

They high fence It perimeter to water line
    So That no one sneaks in without paying the $20 admission fee....

No worries still lots of shore left or bike in from backside.

The faire brings tons $$$ in compared to the daily users since lake is
    Always empty during the weekdays. And daily parking $10 till october

Quote Originally Posted by jonshibata1 View Post
    How do you "block off" areas? They don't own the lake!
    They fish shoulder to shoulder in groups of 15 to 20 covering basically the whole cove area next to that old giraffe lookin thing. I'm sure it would be real fun to try and wiggle in between them and cast over 10 lines.