Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Fish report for SNRL

Default Fish report for SNRL

I was watching the stocking video on SARL web site and got motivated to go and catch me some trout! Arrived there at 0630 and find my honey hole to be empty. 0700 all rods with different color/bait was in the clear water. So I waited...... no one seem to be getting any bites so I decided to jig for a bit bc I was bored. I am still waiting for a bite or at least see a trout swimming pass by. I witness only 3 fish were caught from 7-1030. It's now 1200...it's soooooo dead out here. I think it's time to head home......... big big disappointment! Thanks SARL
    Last edited by lunker-hunter209; 03-25-2017 at 04:17 PM.

Same here at Laguna niguel lake. Absolutely nothing

I was tempted as well... I took the last 2 seasons off going here because of lack of fish being caught, the final straw was when I had a group close to 20 talented fisherman for a bachelor party the day after the stock & not one of the 20 angles caught a fish that day.
    Anyways I Arrived at 5am on Friday, and ended up getting really lucky & caught 1 fish at my first spot on PB around 7am. I did not see a single other fish caught besides mine by 10:30am so I started jumping all around the lake.
    I saw a total of 3 fish caught after cruising the entire lake.
    I then tried one last spot by the marina, and low and behold I caught 1 more on PB.
    So of the 2 fish I caught, they were both on PB & I was moving the bait & was close to shore when I got bit.
    I don't know if they record the stocking videos for the month all in one day, or are all the birds eating all the stocked trout - it just doesn't make sense!
    It would be interesting to see of how many fish are planted in a week, what number of fish were caught out of the lake that week.
    Peace Out!

Quote Originally Posted by fishrdi View Post
    I was tempted as well... I took the last 2 seasons off going here because of lack of fish being caught, the final straw was when I had a group close to 20 talented fisherman for a bachelor party the day after the stock & not one of the 20 angles caught a fish that day.
    Anyways I Arrived at 5am on Friday, and ended up getting really lucky & caught 1 fish at my first spot on PB around 7am. I did not see a single other fish caught besides mine by 10:30am so I started jumping all around the lake.
    I saw a total of 3 fish caught after cruising the entire lake.
    I then tried one last spot by the marina, and low and behold I caught 1 more on PB.
    So of the 2 fish I caught, they were both on PB & I was moving the bait & was close to shore when I got bit.
    I don't know if they record the stocking videos for the month all in one day, or are all the birds eating all the stocked trout - it just doesn't make sense!
    It would be interesting to see of how many fish are planted in a week, what number of fish were caught out of the lake that week.
    Peace Out!
    That sucks..................I'm thinking about giving it another try and after this trip, it will decide if I should ever fish at this lake again.

The definition of Insanity -"doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

[QUOTE=ScottD;787104]The definition of Insanity -"doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" :Big Grin

But that pretty much sums up this little passtime we all enjoy, fishing.

you have to understand that it is late in the season so trout aren't as active!
    I was there Friday 3/24 and fishing was great for me even though i lost close to 5 and only landed 2
    it's all about fishing and being out there.
    Huckleberry pond Guarantees a catch ;)