Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Friday the 17th

Default Friday the 17th

Late post but better late than never. I've never caught a lightning so I made it my mission this trip to get one. In line by 4 am. There was about 20-30 cars ahead of me already.

Parked up at Chris pond and had Lines in the water by 6:10 am. Heard and saw them jumping everywhere but no bites until 7 am I got my first on a pink mice tail. Small little rainbow. Another 45 min later I had another rainbow. I saw a few others get some lightnjngs so I kept going.

I got another one at 9:30 on a yellow mice tail... This time it was a nice size lightning. I originally thought I had at least a 5 pounder by the way it was fighting. Those lightnjngs fight hard!!!!

Over the next hour I caught two more lightnjngs on bright orange mini jigs. Done with my limit and on my way home by 10:45. That's what I call a good morning of fishing.

Congrats! Great morning indeed!