Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lagoon 3-17 and 3-19

Default Lagoon 3-17 and 3-19

I fished from my kayak from about 4pm-615pm 3-17, threw some Crankbaits and Jerkbaits and lipless crank baits with no luck. I fished around the launch ramp and made my way along the edge up to the RV campground, then I tried the south portion of the lake with no luck also.

Went back Sunday 3-19 and fished the south rocky shore on foot from 9am-1pm. I tried a Zoom salty Green Pumpkin Tube with no luck. I also tried Green Pumpkin Robo style worms rigged up Carolina Rig style and got two bites but they didn't get hooked (they pulled the worm almost off of my hook). I was using a 1/0 or 2/0 baitholder hook I believe.

Do skirted jigs have much luck on this lake? I have seen a few people have success with roboworms and senko worms? Swim baits?

How about the trout, powerbait/spoons/rooster tails/etc?

Would like to actually catch something the next time I go back. Didn't see anyone that was fishing on either days catch anything while I was there. Tight lines

try green pumpkin senkos rigged weedless, someone I talked to also had success rigging them wacky style

Quote Originally Posted by verbalhologram View Post
    try green pumpkin senkos rigged weedless, someone I talked to also had success rigging them wacky style
    Thanks will give that a shot

I would try a small Lucky Craft Silent Pointer SP in 65 or 75 size shad pattern. Once the shad are active they should work well. They already worked at Pyramid even with stained water and no shad.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyJ View Post
    I would try a small Lucky Craft Silent Pointer SP in 65 or 75 size shad pattern. Once the shad are active they should work well. They already worked at Pyramid even with stained water and no shad.
    Thanks, will have to order one and give it a shot. Hopefully I wont lose it (like I did with two Xraps last weekend).