Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 25 fishermen rescued off of fishing boat by the Coast Guard off of San Clemente Is.

Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    What a RANT, you must have a lot of time on your hand and of all the things you you can worry about with this state and country you wrote a dissertation expressing concern about budget cuts to the coast guard for fear of the once in a lifetime when a charter boat springs a leak. You've got a lot more to worry about than dying from fishing on a sportsfishing boat, a little over dramatic don't you think? Have you seen the new tax hike for gas and registration, i'm more worried about that and how about that brain child governor passing laws that let out felons early, that's more worrisome to me.
    A little over dramatic you say??????? Loss of life get's more "KNEE JERK REACTIONS" then any thing else. One of the biggest knee jerk reactions I can remember was, when a shooting occurred here in LA and the city of Pomona canceled the Pomona Gun show permanently!!!!! (it was the greatest gun show on earth!!!)

If a big sportfishing boat sinks and there is a huge loss of life. (Coast guard wasn't there to save them) Who knows what "New California regulations could come out of it!!!" Don't think these sport fishing boats don't sink!!! The Invicta sank 2 years ago with a full load load of passengers on here. Here is some other names of sportfishing boats that sank. California, Finalista 100, Queen of the Sea, Champ, Maximous and the infamous ERIK. (there were more these were just on the top of my head) It can happen, so removing the safety net is just pure foolishness. I'm not even talking about PRIVATE BOATERS YET who are even more vulnerable!!! Ok call it a rant!!! But only a fool fixes the barn door only "AFTER" the cow escapes!!!!!

I guess I do have a lot of time expanding my brain. Let's talk about the other issues you brought up. (I can talk about anything) lol The Governor raised tax's for motoring needs. Does anyone really thing we spend too much money on our roads???? If that was the case there would be a lot less traffic rams. (which there's not!!!) Because of all this rain, I've got 3 big pot holes in the street in front of my house. Everybody should like good roads!!! Well how do you pay for them??? Benefit user tax's always seem to be the most fair way to do it!!! In other words, if you don't use it you don't have to pay for it. Gasoline tax's are totally fair, the more gas you buy, the more your driving and using the roads. (So you pay more) A senior citizen who doesn't drive but takes Dial a ride doesn't pay like you do for the privilege of good roads. Same thing with car registration. If you don't own a car, you're not driving on the road, so why should you pay for someone else's road!!!! (totally fair) If you think about it, the timing for a gasoline tax increase is perfect. 3 years ago we were paying close to $4.50 a gallon for gasoline. Now it's $2.69 and the future looks good it will being going down even more and staying down. So it's not as bad as it seems!!! We were paying $4.50 a gallon and having crapper roads to drive on. Now we might end up paying $2.85 a gallon and have better roads to drive on. Doesn't seem like the end of the world to me!!!!! lol

Letting Felony's go early!!!! (I'll get back to that) I've got to get to work!!! lol I'm back!!!

Why is it, the United States is the leader of the world for incarcerating it's own citizens??? Are Americans the most violent people on Earth or the most dishonest people that live on this planet????? THEY MOST BE, BECAUSE WE PUT MORE PEOPLE IN JAIL AND PRISON THEN ANY OTHER COUNTRY OF THE WORLD!!!!! If you believe that Americans are the most violent and the most dishonest people on the planet, then you are right!!!! It's terrible that we are letting these dangerous people out of prison early!!!! I'll wait to see if anyone wants to respond to what I just said before continuing my rant!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 04-11-2017 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    Thank you for your reply. Yes, I call him wutzizname and don't consider him to be my president, or this government to be my government (due to the fact that he lost the popular vote and his party have gerrymandered, voter suppressioned and lied their way into a majority). I am so very sick of him. I disliked him before he got into politics, and now I despise him. The whole political scene is surreal now, like a nightmare one cannot wake up from. Politically, I have a group on Facebook that screens out conservatives, trolls, spammers, etc. It's a really good group, if I say so myself, although the events of this past election cycle have been difficult to deal with. Many progressives are very bitter at Hillary Clinton and colleagues for their unfair treatment of Bernie Sanders. I feel that way and think Sanders should be the new president, and probably would have defeated wutzizname, but bitterness and prolonged anger are not in my nature. I want us to go forward from here with political reforms and Bernie and the rest are still with us. I can out argue conservatives, but it gets tiring and it's not worth it when you know that you can never change their minds, because their cognitive dissonance wouldn't allow it -- so I am networking with liberals and trying to build something productive. I really don't enjoy arguing either. Some people actually do. LOL

I haven't been fishing much these past few years, but I think I can go fishing more this year. I am having spring break (from teaching) next week and we plan to go fishing. I just read your aqueduct report and really liked it. I am tempted to go but the only problem is that my wife will want to keep every striper over 8 inches. LOL I don't know why they have that limit on the aqueduct. We will probably head farther north.

It's good to hear from you, etucker.
    Agree!
    The best analogy I've heard regarding whatzizname supporters was by Bill Maher last weekend. Something like this.
    "It's like finding a finger in your chili and going ahead and eating it because you already told everyone how great the chili was".

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    Agree!
    The best analogy I've heard regarding whatzizname supporters was by Bill Maher last weekend. Something like this.
    "It's like finding a finger in your chili and going ahead and eating it because you already told everyone how great the chili was".
    When I read a post on a thread, I always look at the author... just to gauge where it might be coming from and heading towards.

Yeah, just as a I thought...

Thick brown gooey stuff found on a digit like appendix, eat it anyways?....

Sounds about right from this poster.

Quote Originally Posted by steelhead View Post
    Have you seen the new tax hike for gas and registration, i'm more worried about that and how about that brain child governor passing laws that let out felons early, that's more worrisome to me.
    THAT has you worried?

The fact that THAT has you worried, worries me, but to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    Thank you for your reply. Yes, I call him wutzizname and don't consider him to be my president, or this government to be my government (due to the fact that he lost the popular vote and his party have gerrymandered, voter suppressioned and lied their way into a majority). I am so very sick of him. I disliked him before he got into politics, and now I despise him. The whole political scene is surreal now, like a nightmare one cannot wake up from. Politically, I have a group on Facebook that screens out conservatives, trolls, spammers, etc. It's a really good group, if I say so myself, although the events of this past election cycle have been difficult to deal with. Many progressives are very bitter at Hillary Clinton and colleagues for their unfair treatment of Bernie Sanders. I feel that way and think Sanders should be the new president, and probably would have defeated wutzizname, but bitterness and prolonged anger are not in my nature. I want us to go forward from here with political reforms and Bernie and the rest are still with us. I can out argue conservatives, but it gets tiring and it's not worth it when you know that you can never change their minds, because their cognitive dissonance wouldn't allow it -- so I am networking with liberals and trying to build something productive. I really don't enjoy arguing either. Some people actually do. LOL

I haven't been fishing much these past few years, but I think I can go fishing more this year. I am having spring break (from teaching) next week and we plan to go fishing. I just read your aqueduct report and really liked it. I am tempted to go but the only problem is that my wife will want to keep every striper over 8 inches. LOL I don't know why they have that limit on the aqueduct. We will probably head farther north.

It's good to hear from you, etucker.
    It's nice that Brent responded to your comments. I consider him a true middle of the roader. (not biased) Me I'm a little past that and heading more Left all the time!!! What I have been doing recently is gorging myself with Right Wing news casts. I use the term gorge prior to watching their telecast so I have plenty of mass to regurgitate. lol (I know TMI) All kidding aside, it's scary how much they slant the truth to fit their Ideology!!! What's even more scarier is people believe everything they hear from them hook line and sinker!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 04-11-2017 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    more scarier is people
    side with your gibberish.

(let alone they understand it).

btw

i have a friend in the c oast g uard

when the cg gets their funding cut

i'm sending him over to in n out in la mirada

to collect from you

(since you do use the coast guard more than the old man using dial a ride, and really? what makes you think dial a ride isn't paying for road use, registration fees, gas tax? i'm pretty sure dial a ride is passing that cost + a markup fee ta boot! onto the old man... don't you think so?)

and i'm telling the cg to collect more from you than anyone else

(cuz a ur fat as's)

(you should pay more... shouldn't u? u'll be using more boater motor power to drag ur as's in... when your boat sinks, no?)

i know peeps who hate the beach, never go to the beach, should they pay for the cg?

or should you just pay for all of it?...

i've never been on a sinking boat... i don't need the cg.

so, u can pay for the peeps who don't go to the surf, i'll tell my buddy you'll pay their share.

AND

i'll pay, out of pocket, when my boat sinks (you won't have to cover my share)

and one other thing...

you need to quit vomiting your barf bits at us...

(i may need to edit this again for clarity but do u get the gist?)

Last edited by hookdfisherman; 04-11-2017 at 08:15 PM.

And /end thread.

Quote Originally Posted by hookdfisherman View Post

do it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	98bf501a116e8db948d2b7f7fae965be.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	49853

Attachment 49774

muchacha...

\
    Knee jerk reaction to death, you say?

What was dumb bama's reaction to San Berdoos death and destruction in the name of is-sham again?

What exactly did he do to protect America and Americans in light of murder?

I can't remember. .. did he do anything?

Gave a vague speech about we're not sure blah blah blah...

Then... nothing if I recall correctly, but you know better than me...

Last edited by hookdfisherman; 05-04-2017 at 12:50 AM.

Knee jerk reaction to death, you say?

What was dumb bama's reaction to death and destruction in the name of is-sham again?

What exactly did he do to protect America and Americans in light of murder?

I can't remember. .. did he do anything?

Gave a vague speech about we're not sure blah blah blah...

Then... nothing if I recall correctly, but you know better than me...

Heading to SARL today... es why I es up muy temprano...
    Last edited by hookdfisherman; 04-12-2017 at 04:11 AM. Reason: Lol spell checkers no unda stand muy, onry my

Heading to SARL today... es why I es up muy temprano...

AND

I think when you have the largest prison system? In the world, you'll also have the largest prison population ta boot too.

And

if you live in d umb a land with a legal system that's corrupt, you start taking crime

and

punishment into your own hands.

And

that's why you see videos of street punishment in dark shadow land on the mini flatscreen [your computer screen ].

Hell eye see guys on my mini screen gettin tekillya'd for stealing pan bimbo ...

And

why?

There's no justice system, prison system [to speak of that'll hold a thief, especially for stealing so they take matters into their own hands.

And

In closing I'd just like to say... if ds's homies had America'$ judicial

and

prison system, they'd have their fair share [at least] of a huge prison population tambien.

And

That's all I got to say on that subject.

Last edited by hookdfisherman; 04-12-2017 at 09:33 AM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast