Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Knot Help

I tie flouro to braid and have used the Uni to Uni for years it works good. But as of late I have chosen the John Colins knot to join lines it is also called the RP knot for Royal Polaris it has worked very good for me and it is a smaller knot then the Uni to Uni. I'm sorry I don't have a link but the one I watched was from John Collins himself.
    Kirk@bassinthehood.com

Mono-Flouro= Double Uni

Braid-mono or flouro= Alberto

Quote Originally Posted by BassinPLS View Post
    sandtrout,

Here is a link to a Youtube posting on Tackle Warehouse's website that shows Shin Fukae drop shoting with the new Gamakatsu's new swivel hook; but 7 minutes into the video he shows how to tie a really easy knot that I love for tying braided to line to floro. It is super fast to tie and even easy for my old fingers and eyes! I am not sure how it works with mono to floro; but you might give it a try.

Here is the link:
    http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/vlogp...?ccode=VLOG362
    That's a clean looking knot, behaves a lot like the old worm knot. Roy Rose is very similar, I think a little quicker but not enough to crow about. Ends with a quick snap instead of a gentle closing tug. Both are quick, easy and clean. Sure beats tying a Bimini first!

I stopped using that over priced line stick to mono for me lost all my big fish that I did hook (stripers) the flouro would snap. I use a little lighter line (mono) for my leader and all is good again but hey just my 2 cents...

Quote Originally Posted by drifter023 View Post
    I stopped using that over priced line stick to mono for me lost all my big fish that I did hook (stripers) the flouro would snap. I use a little lighter line (mono) for my leader and all is good again but hey just my 2 cents...
    Just curious...did your flouro break on the knot, at the hook, or somewhere along the line?

Quote Originally Posted by sandtrout View Post
    Just curious...did your flouro break on the knot, at the hook, or somewhere along the line?
    Usually at the hook.

Default I'll give it a try

[QUOTE=CPT.Kirk;786941]I tie flouro to braid and have used the Uni to Uni for years it works good. But as of late I have chosen the John Colins knot to join lines it is also called the RP knot for Royal Polaris it has worked very good for me and it is a smaller knot then the Uni to Uni. I'm sorry I don't have a link but the one I watched was from John Collins himself.
    Kirk@bassinthehood.com[/QUOT

I'll add it the list of knots to try. I've never used flouro but knots that always work for me all of a sudden AREN'T. I'm trying Seaguar Invisx so maybe it's a brittle brand. If I can find a line to line knot that'll work I'll work on knot (Palomar?) that'll work for the hook.

Try the Alberto For flouro to braid, looks intimidating but after a little practice I can tie in 30 seconds. I trust this knot over ALL others, its a chinese finger trap style knot so the more the fish pulls the tighter it gets and the stress is spread throughout the knot instead of a single point. I use this on my all my Tuna rigs and it has never failed at the knot. super small diameter makes it ideal for freshwater application.

[QUOTE=sandtrout;786972]
    Quote Originally Posted by CPT.Kirk View Post
    I tie flouro to braid and have used the Uni to Uni for years it works good. But as of late I have chosen the John Colins knot to join lines it is also called the RP knot for Royal Polaris it has worked very good for me and it is a smaller knot then the Uni to Uni. I'm sorry I don't have a link but the one I watched was from John Collins himself.
    Kirk@bassinthehood.com[/QUOT

I'll add it the list of knots to try. I've never used flouro but knots that always work for me all of a sudden AREN'T. I'm trying Seaguar Invisx so maybe it's a brittle brand. If I can find a line to line knot that'll work I'll work on knot (Palomar?) that'll work for the hook.
    San Diego Jam for the hook, quick as the palomar but like the alberto spreads the stress throughout the knot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12