Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Light Line Finesse Fishing Question

I use the 6lb Invisx on my light spinning setup, I love it. It's a bit more convenient than braid to fluoro and worlds better than mono or co-poly, can't stand that stuff. If line is flying off the reel when you open the bail it seems like it'd either be from being too full or on the reel too loose. It happens sometimes to me because the line goes on the reel without much tension when fishing the light stuff. Every once in a while I'll cast out and hold the line while winding it in to keep it tight.

Quote Originally Posted by titos334 View Post
    I use the 6lb Invisx on my light spinning setup, I love it. It's a bit more convenient than braid to fluoro and worlds better than mono or co-poly, can't stand that stuff. If line is flying off the reel when you open the bail it seems like it'd either be from being too full or on the reel too loose. It happens sometimes to me because the line goes on the reel without much tension when fishing the light stuff. Every once in a while I'll cast out and hold the line while winding it in to keep it tight.
    I'm starting to think the loose reel theory. I didn't tighten the drag when spooling new line

MM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12