Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Looking for a budget Baitcaster Rig for LMB

Default Looking for a budget Baitcaster Rig for LMB

I love tubing castaic lagoon and I always have two spinning combos rigged mainly for dropshotting and flylining senkos. I would like to get a budget baitcasting rig for throwing jigs and other baits, it's time I use other baits. Can you guys recommend anything? I have a MH shimano convergence rod which I haven't used in years, I'd like to keep budget around 100 if that's even possible. Thx.

The world is full of $120- $200 reels. Many great ones. But for $39 to $49 depending on when and where you buy it, An Abu Garcia Black Max is a real value. Casts a mile, has a strong drag and lasts a good long time. I bought one on a lark and it had wrestled many stripers. I now have 3 of them to go with my 2 Currado ES's, Revo SX's, Lews etc.

If you need something this moment, I'd refer to the previous poster and their recommendations.

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Daiwa...cpage-DE1.html

That's not a bad reel for 50% off.

Or, I'd look forward to when Shimano comes out with their 'new' versions of their 2018 baitcasters and then they'll put their 2017s on sale. It never used to happen before, but apparently they're coming out with new versions of the same model year after year and that means that their previous models get put on sale quite often.

X2 on the black max. I have had 2 for 3-4 years and still whack the LMB's with them. I have one with 8# line on a med-light 7' abu rod, the other with 12# on a 7'2" shimano convergence med-heavy jig rod, its a perfect fit for the black max.

If your convergence is in good shape your good to go.

thx for the responses, I'm going to visit my local tackle store to see if they have those reels, I don't mind paying a few extra bucks when purchasing from them.

If you haven't already bought one, give me a pm with your address - been swapping out reels and have a couple of spare black max's - more than happy to sling one your way gratis.

Quote Originally Posted by gwurzel View Post
    If you haven't already bought one, give me a pm with your address - been swapping out reels and have a couple of spare black max's - more than happy to sling one your way gratis.
    Now THIS is what fishing camaraderie is about. I salute you sir!

Default Bass set up

Quote Originally Posted by verbalhologram View Post
    i love tubing castaic lagoon and i always have two spinning combos rigged mainly for dropshotting and flylining senkos. I would like to get a budget baitcasting rig for throwing jigs and other baits, it's time i use other baits. Can you guys recommend anything? I have a mh shimano convergence rod which i haven't used in years, i'd like to keep budget around 100 if that's even possible. Thx.
    hello i have a new bass pro shops im8 baitcaster with pfluger new reel with line for 100 the rod was 89 bucks and the rell was 49 bucks so 100 for both im in san dimas off 210 fwy ... 909 524 79 07 cell jed