Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Puddingstone prep

Default Puddingstone prep

Hey Folks
    Im still green when it comes to the freshwater game. I've only been to SARL once a few years ago, and last month hit the Pudd just to go check it out. The day I went, there was only one guy cruising along the shore but didn't see him get any hits. the water was dark green and the wind whipping a little. I basically was trying out some of my (new to me) gear.

Anyways, I have been seeing people getting on some fish lately (via the fishbrain app) so my co worker and I are planning a trip there this friday. Any tips appreciated, might even try to rent a boat? What kind of lures have worked for you folks there? bait? Well hopefully Ill have a report for yall soon.

M.

Quote Originally Posted by mr cos View Post
    Hey Folks
    Im still green when it comes to the freshwater game. I've only been to SARL once a few years ago, and last month hit the Pudd just to go check it out. The day I went, there was only one guy cruising along the shore but didn't see him get any hits. the water was dark green and the wind whipping a little. I basically was trying out some of my (new to me) gear.

Anyways, I have been seeing people getting on some fish lately (via the fishbrain app) so my co worker and I are planning a trip there this friday. Any tips appreciated, might even try to rent a boat? What kind of lures have worked for you folks there? bait? Well hopefully Ill have a report for yall soon.

M.
    How did your trip go? Any luck?

I fish Puddingstone a lot check out my blog maybe it will help.
    Fishing blog at www.bassinthehood.com

Kirk@bassinthehood.com

Quote Originally Posted by CPT.Kirk View Post
    I fish Puddingstone a lot check out my blog maybe it will help.
    Fishing blog at www.bassinthehood.com

Kirk@bassinthehood.com
    Kirk, I'm assuming you live in Compton cause of "CPT"(I'm also from Compton).

What are your favorite places to fish? Maybe we can meet up one of these days.

Lucky for you, this is the time of year when a boat is not really necessary for success. Do a little research on the bass spawn and get on it NOW.

The last time I went was in October or so. I fished an area that looked like a creak, part of one of the coves, but I didn't even get a bite. Fished Senkos on a drop shot, a topwater crank bait, and even through around a white and neon-green spinner bait with no avail.

The CPT. is for captain but I did grow up in Compton. I grew up fishing Legg Lake with a cane pole LOL. My home lake is Puddingstone and I fish it often.
    check out my fishing blog at www.bassinthehood.com

The creek your referring to is on the north side of the lake behind the airpot, its a good spot to fish at times. I caught several bass there last year. But October may be a little late in the year to catch a bass in the creek some call it the inlet. Depending on the weather and how late in October the bass may have pulled out chasing shad in their fall migration before moving to deeper water for the winter.
    Kirk@bassinthehood.com

hey folks sorry for the late reply
    Because of schedule conflict and stuff I ended up meeting up with my buddy at Legg Lake. First time there also but we got skunked lol. It ended up being more of a recon mission for us since we're still new to this thing. Saw lots of Big Carp and a few bass scattered around the various lakes. Couple of other guys where out and about but one only landed some bluegill. the water was nice and clear and it was a nice day out! Either way it was cool to get out there and get the lines wet.

We brought super light tackle for trout but should of also had a little bigger set up like my baitcaster or something. oh well, lesson learned. Still plan on hitting the pudd soon and guasti in the next few weeks. thanks for the advice and best of luck out there to yall!
    Peace

Cos

Quote Originally Posted by CPT.Kirk View Post
    The creek your referring to is on the north side of the lake behind the airpot, its a good spot to fish at times. I caught several bass there last year. But October may be a little late in the year to catch a bass in the creek some call it the inlet. Depending on the weather and how late in October the bass may have pulled out chasing shad in their fall migration before moving to deeper water for the winter.
    Kirk@bassinthehood.com
    Ahhh! CPT = Captain! Nice!
    I saw hood & CPT and I was like hey a fisher from Compton! haha

Anyways, would you recommend trying that area again? I've only been to the pud to fish once so any areas you recommend would work.

How do you usually rig your rod when you're out there?
    Last edited by briseno09; 03-22-2017 at 04:36 PM. Reason: removed duplicate quote

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast