Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Late Report- A New PB 5/3/17

Default Late Report- A New PB 5/3/17

Late report since I have been pretty busy the last week. On Wednesday 5/3 I decided to hit up a lagoon to throw the LC around for an hour or two. Started fishing 6:15PM, high tide peaked at 6:04pm. Conditions looked great so I had a pretty good feeling I would get a fish or two. At about 15 or 16 casts in i was grinding the LC back very slowly. I paused it and gave it a twitch. As soon as I started to turn the handle, something absolutely slammed my LC. I set the hook hard and the fish immediately takes off. I loosened my drag by just a click or two cause I could tell that this was a good fish. I start to feel some headshakes and new it was the right kind. After 2 more good runs I finally get it close to shore and can tell right away its legal. The fish takes off another run as soon as it sees me, parallel to the shoreline. I take of my shoes and run into the water after him. After a couple more minutes I attempt slide it up onto the shore. As I do I notice that it is just barely hooked in the lip with one of the trebles. The halibut thrashes around for a bit and proceeds to spit the hook as soon as i can grab the tail and toss him onto the sand. The fish taped out to 28". I fished for another hour for nothing and decided to call it a day. Ill post some pictures of the fish later when I get a chance.
    Last edited by BillyW; 05-08-2017 at 11:31 AM.

Well....That got my heart pumping. Congrats on the new PB for sure. Happy endings are always NICE!

Congrats on the PB, looking forward to the pictures............................V

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170503_220319_608.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	49876Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170503_190030.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	49877