Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Potential Infection

Default Potential Infestation

Potential Infestation not Infection Ha Ha

Villagers ( microscopic baby Quagga ) found at Devil Canyon Power Plant. Puddingstone staff memo out on March 1st 2017 ( called twice to confirm ) to reject all Silverwood and Perris bands due to infestation. The person I spoke to at Perris said further testing is being conducted to positively confirm. No adults found at this time.

The way I found out is that I called Puddingstone to see if they would honor my Perris band and they told me they would not because of the infestation at Perris. I said, no way, I was just there and received a band. They guy said, we just received a memo on March 1st that Silverwood and Perris have been classified as infested. I hung up and then called back an hour later, and said, I don't believe it, read the memo to me. The guy read it to me and it sounded legit.

I called Perris this morning and received the info above. The guy at Perris was extremely informative and said Puddingstone is doing the right thing by protecting themselves.
    Last edited by hoghuntr; 03-07-2017 at 06:21 PM. Reason: spell check

Does that mean Puddingstone wont allow boats that have been to Perris or that they have to be inspected?

What a pain. Eventually all the the Colorado aqueduct and California aqueduct lakes are going to get it.

The Pudd used to honor the Silverwood or Perris tag but now you will be inspected. Not sure if they will quarantine for 7 days or just inspect. Need to call tomorrow and ask.
    Last edited by hoghuntr; 03-07-2017 at 11:04 PM.

Will that apply to all lakes. How about DVL?

This is just delaying the inevitable. They will eventually get into everything unless they can find a way to kill them without killing everything along with them.

Larval mussel were found down stream from Silverwood and of course there is an assumption that Silverwood is already infected although no larvae or adult have been found at this point to the best of my knowledge, but this is pretty fluid I'm sure so more stuff should be coming out shortly I'd assume.
    Last edited by seal; 03-08-2017 at 11:35 AM.

Contium, I just spoke to Puddingstone and they said if you show up with a Tag from Silverwood or Perris, they will just re inspect to make sure you are dry and let you in, if you pass. He said they will soon be going to the tracking system similar to what Perris uses now, to track your last lake entry. I suppose this is when the 7 day quarantine will start, but for now you just need to pass inspection.

Seal is spot on as to what the person at Perris told me.

http://www.sbsun.com/environment-and...d-perris-lakes

Pyramid x
    Castaic x
    Skinner x
    Silverwood x
    Perris x
    DVL ?? x ??
    San Diego Lakes x

Hopefully everyone can accept the reality, and we can get back to boating and fishing.

As much as you can try to check boats, you cant check every lower unit, bilge pump line, live well line etc etc.

You also can not do an inspection on all incoming seagulls, cormorants, ducks, coots, and other aquatic dwelling, fish and plant eating visitors who have dwelled, dove, swam, and eaten plans containing quaggas and quaggas themselves.
    Last edited by BannedJr; 03-10-2017 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BannedJr View Post

Hopefully everyone can accept the reality, and we can get back to boating and fishing.

As much as you can try to check boats, you cant check every lower unit, bilge pump line, live well line etc etc.

You also can not do an inspection on all incoming seagulls, cormorants, ducks, coots, and other aquatic dwelling, fish and plant eating visitors who have dwelled, dove, swam, and eaten plans containing quaggas and quaggas themselves.

I dunno. We should check all those animals for wetness, like they do our boats.

Right Kwin?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast