Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Anaheim Union Res in the Tri City park

Default Anaheim Union Res in the Tri City park

I will be heading up to this area for a family event. I tried looking for any reports on this lake. I will be fishing for bass with senkos, creature baits and cranks. Please help me out if you can.

Haven't been there in years but use to catch a few on the drop shot

The best area to fish for Bass in that lake is the South West end. You can catch a Bass any where but the best area to fish for them, is to the far left as you drive in from Kramer Ave.

Years ago, there was a large lake/pond just southwest of the intersection of Imperial and Kramer. Had tules around most of the shoreline, but there was a few open places where you could catch bass on Mepps and Shyster spinners. Big bullhead cats were easy to catch on bait. The patrol guy would drive around in his white truck and threaten to call the police if you didn't leave. Thought I would throw this out there. Does anyone remember this place?

Probably Tri City Lake. Used to be in the middle of an orange grove and surrounded by rules. And snakes. That was about 40 years ago, though. Now it's a nice county park, great place to walk and try your luck. Haven't seen a tule there in a very long time.
    Last edited by Marley; 04-09-2016 at 10:19 PM.

It is now Tri City Park. I remember when it was called Placentia Lake. Fished it in 1968 with a friend. I live within walking distance. Now being stocked with trout or as we call it around here Cormorant Food. I went up there before Christmas and was throwing a Mepp spinner (barbless). Caught a nice sized bluegill and two rainbow trout (10"). Had a third rainbow chase the lure. All released. I was surprised by the rainbows, as it had been awhile since the last plant and I was at the west end of the lake. All fish hit the lure within 8 feet of shore. Watch out for the duck and goose poop.