Hi all,

I just got back from my annual Bishop fishing trip and wanted to post my report. We got up Friday (3/31/17) evening and didn't make out to fish until Saturday morning. We fished off one of the dirt roads South of the Line St bridge. The water is VERY high and moving VERY fast which is to be expected I suppose after all the rain/snow CA has received this season. We managed to find a spot where part of the river broke off to a smaller/narrow channel where the water was calmer.

There were a few of us in our group this year and unfortunately none of us had any success with trout. People in my group were using everything from flies, to powerbait, to mini jigs. I ended up catching two large mouth, one on a 2" powerbait trout worm and the other on a rapala UL minnow. Someone else in our group also caught a large mouth, but I don't recall what he was using.

In the afternoon, we went to the PVR. We stayed there from about 2:00PM to almost 6:00. We got a ton of bites, but unfortunately they were all from mosquitoes.

While the trip is always fun since its about hanging out with friends and family, it would have been a lot more fun if there was more action to be had.

Rich