Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Casitas Fish Report March 5, 2017

Default Lake Casitas Fish Report March 5, 2017

Hey Guys,

Headed out to Lake Casitas this morning expected to get rained on, but we got two good hours of fishing in before we got rained out. Good news is the warm weather pushed some of the bass up shallow. I would expect the rain to put the fish another couple of days back so by next weekend there should be fish up shallow. Caught 3 fish for about 5 lbs this morning. Overall a nice day on the water.

Heres the video from today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZJm18MHCSY

More Reports to Come and videos to come.
    If you haven't subscribed to my page feel free to do so!

Thanks,

Michael Hauser
    805 Angling Brothers

Sooooo - water is up hi enough to launch again?

After the 8 inches of rain at the end of February, the capacity went up to 47% full and they reopened the Santa Ana ramp. still have to pass 30 day quarantine to fish

Quote Originally Posted by 805AnglingBrothers View Post
    After the 8 inches of rain at the end of February, the capacity went up to 47% full and they reopened the Santa Ana ramp. still have to pass 30 day quarantine to fish
    I'm still locked in at Casitas. Moved to Murrieta 2 years ago and have not had the boat out since. Was at Casitas every weekend before the move. I have fished it since I was about 7 and I'm 59 now. Grew up going with Dad every weekend and continued ever since.

I'll probably cut the cable and start in learning DVL

X Factor,

Sounds like you know the lake well, lot of boat traffic this time of year. Launch ramp is a disaster with all the rubbish from the rain. I heard DVL is a good fishery.

- Mike Hauser

Default Updated Fish Report 3/10/2017

Hey guys,

I fished Casitas once again today, saw some more bass in shallow but they were suspended in the water column. Made it tough but we grinded out about 6 or 7 fish including a 2lb crappie. Waiting for more females to get on beds they arent quite there yet. Overall a nice day out there. Got a couple early and a couple in the mid afternoon. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumb_IMG_0312_1024.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	49681

Video to Today's Fishing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bM6SB5gJ_U

Pictures from today are on our instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/805anglingbrothers/

If you like our videos feel free to subscribe. Lots of fresh and saltwater fishing coming your way this summer.

Thanks,

Mike Hauser
    805AnglingBrothers

Quote Originally Posted by 805AnglingBrothers View Post
    X Factor,

Sounds like you know the lake well, lot of boat traffic this time of year. Launch ramp is a disaster with all the rubbish from the rain. I heard DVL is a good fishery.

- Mike Hauser
    Yes I can find the fish most any time at Casitas. Very few skunked days. If I was ever having a tough day - just cheat and troll a Norman DD22 and keep the boat in 20-25 feet cruising the shoreline. Never fails to catch a few on Lavender shad color.

Quote Originally Posted by XFACTOR View Post
    Yes I can find the fish most any time at Casitas. Very few skunked days. If I was ever having a tough day - just cheat and troll a Norman DD22 and keep the boat in 20-25 feet cruising the shoreline. Never fails to catch a few on Lavender shad color.
    Thanks for the tip!!! I will make sure to try that. Any prespawn secrets? Feel free to message me

Dropshoting a little robo worm is usually a good choice at prespawn.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2058.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	49699
    Last edited by XFACTOR; 03-11-2017 at 10:56 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast