Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Jess Ranch Lakes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Jess Ranch Lakes

Gorgeous day and didn't want to throw away money at SARL so tried Jess Ranch fir the first time. I planned to do 3 different techniques and rigged up 3 rods. Got a late start plus sucky traffic...didn't get there until 10:30. All that planning and NEVER got past the 1st rod which was a worm rod. Started with a pink Moone worm - nope, then a red worm by Berkeley - nope, then a "hot cheeto" by Shaun's Smokin Jigz - yup...that was the ticket. Even though the fishing was slow all over the lake because they hadn't stocked, I limited out with that one worm at the one spot and left at 2pm.
    Last edited by sandtrout; 03-17-2017 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sandtrout View Post
    Gorgeous day and didn't want to throw away money at SARL so tried Jess Ranch fir the first time. I planned to do 3 different techniques and rigged up 3 rods. Got a late start plus sucky traffic...didn't get there until 10:30. All that planning and NEVER got past the 1st rod which was a worm rod. Started with a pink Moone worm - nope, then a red worm by Berkeley - nope, then a "hot cheryl" by Shauna Smokin Jigz - yup...that was the ticket. Even though the fishing was slow all over the lake because they hadn't stocked, I limited out with that one worm at the one spot and left at 2pm.
    Ok where were you at, we were there too????? lol

Fished it only one time with some co workers in Jan 2008. Got their when it opened and was still dark, and I had my trout limit in about 45 minutes wow but kinda fast and was expecting a longer day of fishing but not complaining just put them in the cooler and hung out the rest of the morning and watched my buddies fish and they all did well that day.

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    Fished it only one time with some co workers in Jan 2008. Got their when it opened and was still dark, and I had my trout limit in about 45 minutes wow but kinda fast and was expecting a longer day of fishing but not complaining just put them in the cooler and hung out the rest of the morning and watched my buddies fish and they all did well that day.
    They were supposed to stalk sometime between 12 - 2pm that Friday but didn't due to some construction project going so...like other places, it was a constant cast with plastics...didn't bother to bring a camp chair or use any powerbait or crawlers. Met some nice people though. It was like a fish caught every 45 minutes but my arm is used to casting.

Quote Originally Posted by old pudd fisher View Post
    I remember that . I haven't even got to the Spot I wanted to fish and you was ready to go home with you catch.

Thank you for the post and I am glad you got bit! I look forward to your future reports.
    Tight Lines,
    jig-guy / Bill