Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Frenchman's Flat - Piru Creek

Default Frenchman's Flat - Piru Creek

Anyone know if you can still fish at Frenchman's Flat? Have they stopped planting? Somewhere in the back of my mind I remember that they closed the road to get up there. Any info would be helpful!

They stopped planting years ago.

Even though the road is still open, I've been hearing cars getting broken into because of the fact nobody patrols anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    They stopped planting years ago.

Even though the road is still open, I've been hearing cars getting broken into because of the fact nobody patrols anymore.
    Thanks, Dark Shadow! Appreciate the info!

What he said.

What once was a very productive little fishery is now a shadow of itself. Years of poaching and over limits and no stocking have taken their toll. Just as many of our local waters have been claimed and desecrated with paint, Piru creek is best visited in daylight and in large groups. The lack of any kind of enforcement means those that prey on working folks can operate with abandon. It was pretty amazing in it's day.

That's truly a shame about Frenchman's. It will NOT stop me from fishing Pyramid lake on Wednesdays. I'm hooked on the striper fishery on light tackle (avoiding the lake lice). Will be there 3-15 and will post a report.