Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 2/28 report

Default 2/28 report

Been tryin to get out but the rain has been on every time i get time. Hit the lake today from 6:00-2:30. Early fog kept everything quiet until about 9. Water temp was 53 to start and once it warmed up to 56 the lake came alive. Good signs of life. Wt was 58 when i left. There is a carp spawn going on and a bunch of ampty beds in the shallows. Maybe this last storm moved em off or it was bluegill beds. Didnt see any fish shallow. Caught a few in about 7-12 feet of water on a lipless crank, the new tungsten two tap. Took one off the dam with a senko. All in all not a bad day. The weather was amazing but no wind, definately bluebird skies and still water. Looks like to me a few warm days in a row lined up with a good moon and it will be on fire. On a side note the water seems to be up a couple feet tons of new brush in the water, should be a healthy spawn for all species with the added protection. Goid luck out there boys!

Sounds promising. Thanks for the report.