Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to gaff a great white!!!! 02/24/17

Default how to gaff a great white!!!! 02/24/17

I hope they ID all of the idiots and fine them to the maximum allowable by law and confiscate ALL of their fishing equipment. The ignorance and stupidity for a photo if staggering.
    No breaks for any of these morons!

Quote Originally Posted by BALLERONBUDGET View Post
    I seen a video on Facebook of them doing it.

50k fine. Brilliant

Default Grotesque display of macho.

Quote Originally Posted by BALLERONBUDGET View Post
    What an awful view of fishermen. Disgusting behavior.

And people wonder why so many say Americans are ignorant, uneducated.

Not one person there said, "Hey, you can't do that"!?

My parents live in surfside right next to sunset beach.
    That beach was called tin can beach in the 70s to early 80s. I grew up surfing all of the OC beaches as a kid to my early 30s. I have never heard of so many great white sharks off our Surfline ever. The shark population has exploded along with the seal population here. GW look very similar to a mako to ignorant fisherman without licenses fishing off the pier, no license is required.
    I have a posted sign in my garage from the last summer warning about shark sightings.
    The guys on the pier are morons for sure, maybe it's time to harvest some whites, and just shoot some seals, there everywhere. Protected species, from what?

And the DFG isn't around anymore, just in case you haven't noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssortasober View Post
    And the DFG isn't around anymore, just in case you haven't noticed.
    They checked me coming back in at South Shore launch ramp a couple of months ago. It was all very polite and friendly and she was "just doing a survey" but she asked me if I had any fish, asked what I caught and asked me to show her on a map where I went and of course asked if I had a license. Even though she tried to downplay it, and her "uniform" was a polo shirt with a logo, I was certainly aware that I was being interviewed by a law enforcement officer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornery Bob View Post
    They checked me coming back in at South Shore launch ramp a couple of months ago. It was all very polite and friendly and she was "just doing a survey" but she asked me if I had any fish, asked what I caught and asked me to show her on a map where I went and of course asked if I had a license. Even though she tried to downplay it, and her "uniform" was a polo shirt with a logo, I was certainly aware that I was being interviewed by a law enforcement officer.
    That wasn't a "Law enforcement officer" just a research intern so to speak. Fish and Game warden would have been packing heat too. I see the survey people all the time. I haven't been checked by a game warden in years. I have seen their green silverado a couple times parked near the water but never saw the warden.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast