Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: skinner 2-26 Saturday

Default skinner 2-26 Saturday

Well its been a long time since I have posted on here. Some of you may remember me.. maybe not. Anyhow, I visited Lake skinner on Saturday and did pretty good. The day started off wrong because we launched and the main cranking battery was completely dead !!! Ugh ..had to pull the boat out and go down the road to walmart . I was able to get a new battery and we were soon on our way back.. Yes good !! Launched the boat and saw a few small bucks at the ramp.. good sign.. headed out to the south shores and immediately started throwing the swimmie.. no takers after about an hour so I put it down and fired out the drop shot.. Second cast I stick the first fish of the day at about 4.5 to 5 lbs in about 20 feet off of a main lake point... see pic. After that we caught a few small males later and called it a day.. Water temp was at 58.. fish were more aggressive later in the day as water warmed a bit.. Saw a few guys catching stripers at the buoy line.. must have been bait guys I imagine. Anyways.. few more good days of weather and this place should be on fire !! Thanks for reading..

Fresh One !!!!
    (Mike)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skinner 2-26-17.jpg 
Views:	452 
Size:	6.6 KB 
ID:	49639  

Nice fish Mike. It's been a tough year at Skinner. More boat ride days than catching days. Thanks for the report.

Nice fish. Way to stick it out with the battery drama.