Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Mathews Riverside.

Default Lake Mathews Riverside.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AAB_4714.jpg 
Views:	751 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	49560 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AAB_4716.jpg 
Views:	803 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	49561Took a drive by it today, I live just ten miles from and it and it was my first visit. Dang I had no idea that it was so large, that's a nice hunk of water to bad its off limits for public boating and fishing, got to be some big boys living in that water.

2. Default

Good photos. A fine example of the bizarre policies governing bodies of water in California. So many with restricted to public access for very little reason. Drinking water safety is often cited as the "reason" but other lakes that provide drinking water are still open. Go figure.

Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post
    Good photos. A fine example of the bizarre policies governing bodies of water in California. So many with restricted to public access for very little reason. Drinking water safety is often cited as the "reason" but other lakes that provide drinking water are still open. Go figure.

Sigh.
    It is open to a select few to fish!!! They even have a boat ramp!!!

I use to own a home off Cajalco just west of El Sobrante. I loved it out there, lived in Lake Mathews, the zip is Perris, and my kids were bused to Corona for school. Kinda matches the weird policies of the lake,lol. Years back I knew folks that used to ninja this place at night but this is pre 90's. Since the 90's they have had hourly patrols cruise the lake and many of flight schools train over it.
    Its the last stop before they pump it into the main drinking water system for L.A. I have seen the boys from DWP on the lake catching every cast, just like Diamond Valley was before they opened it. All American Asphalt's American lake is a good sized pond but do not know about fish in it.

Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post

Sigh.
    Do you know if any tax dollars were used to create and maintain the lake?

Because if so, then anglers have an argument.

If private money was used? Then not so much of an argument.

you may recall a few years back a newly elected official attempted to make a name for themselves by getting Lake Mathews opened to the public and found the environmental/mitigation agreements that include the lake and surrounding conservation area were essentially bulletproof. The lake will unfortunately remain as it is now regarding access for the public.

Man I am so glad I left Cali. The lakes and rivers out here are amazing and everything is set up for fisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Do you know if any tax dollars were used to create and maintain the lake?

Because if so, then anglers have an argument.

If private money was used? Then not so much of an argument.
    It is property of the state water district and has signs on the fence "Dept of fish and game ecological reserve"

Quote Originally Posted by kwin View Post
    you may recall a few years back a newly elected official attempted to make a name for themselves by getting Lake Mathews opened to the public and found the environmental/mitigation agreements that include the lake and surrounding conservation area were essentially bulletproof. The lake will unfortunately remain as it is now regarding access for the public.
    "Make a name for themselves"? Having read the background and terms of the settlement, and reviewing the history of Lake Matthews itself (including the lack of public access since its creation 76 years ago), I am curious as to your description of Assemblyman Jeffries as merely "making a name for himself"......

Yup,that looks very inticing!

Cya Tuna Vic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast