Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing  RUNCL   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Team 57 fishing  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263

Thread: The Trump Presidency

On border security, Pelosi and Schumer play politics while Trump fights to protect us

Trump trades shutdown threats with Pelosi and Schumer.

The president is determined to protect the security of our border and the safety of the American people, Democrats have no interest in working with him.

“We have to have border security,” the president said.

“I am proud to shut down the government for border security, Chuck, because the people of this country don’t want criminals and people that have lots of problems and drugs pouring into this country. So I will take the mantel, I will be the one to shut it down. I won’t blame you for it.”

The president is showing us that he is putting America and the American people first.

According to the Department of Homeland Security: “On average last year, DHS prevented 10 individuals tied to terror from attempting to travel to the United States.” – each day. Added to this are 17,000 criminals and 3,000 special interest aliens that U.S. Customs and Border Protection apprehended in 2017.

President Obama’s Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson wrote in 2016, special interest aliens (SIAs), “are potential national security threats to our homeland. Timely and actionable intelligence is essential to effectively drive efforts to counter the threats posed by the smuggling of SIAs.”

If Schumer and Pelosi don’t believe, it might be useful for them to meet with Jeh Johnson to learn about threats posed by criminals who cross our southern border.

Terrorists and criminals don’t target their victims by political party. Pelosi showed more interest in scoring political points than keeping the American people safe. Elected and appointed government officials dealing with homeland security have an obligation to protect our border to keep dangerous people out.

“The House Republicans could bring up this bill, immediately, and set the tone for what you want,” Pelosi replied as the president pressed for border wall funding. But Pelosi knows that a Senate filibuster would stop any House border wall funding. In response, the president noted: “If we thought we were going to get it passed in the Senate, Nancy, we would do it immediately.”

Pelosi, of course, is well aware of how the Congress works, which is what makes her remarks intentionally deceptive.

One would hope that even Pelosi is not ignorant enough to believe her own border security proposal of “mowing the grass so people can’t be smuggled through grass.”

Schumer demonstrated a lack of seriousness in securing our southern border. “The one thing I think we can agree on, is we shouldn’t shut down the government over a dispute.”

This from the same man who did exactly that less than 12 months ago, when he orchestrated the disastrous “Schumer shutdown,” which shut down the government over the fate of DACA recipients. Schumer, nevertheless, comes to the Oval Office repeatedly condemning government shutdowns – while conveniently neglecting the one he caused.

The Schumer shutdown was considered a disaster as Democrats put funding for low-income American children in limbo over the fate of illegal immigrants.

A big problem facing Pelosi and Schumer is that their rejection of border security measures is highly unpopular.

According to a Harvard-Harris Poll, 63 percent of voters support President Trump’s immigration compromise. It gives a path to legalization for DACA recipients in exchange for border wall funding and a move toward merit-based immigration. Unfortunately, this deal has been repeatedly rejected by Democrats.

Democrats are on the wrong side of the American people, but President Trump will not stop fighting to keep us safe and secure.
    Last edited by fREloader; 12-12-2018 at 03:20 PM.

Remember the days when people would just post URLs, instead of copying and pasting an entire wall of text?

I miss those days.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Remember the days when people would just post URLs, instead of copying and pasting an entire wall of text?

I miss those days.

We never read those links. Bypassing that crap makes for easy reading. Don't you just hate that?

I knew that the comment by Free Loader was cut and pasted when I saw that the word, "border" was spelled correctly in it.

Trump is now promising to "protect us" from Vietnamese immigrants who came here in the 1970s, many of whom he now wants to deport back to Vietnam. (Can you spell "racist?")

Democrats are not against reasonable security, just not stuff that is counterproductive like the stupid border wall or deporting immigrants who have been good citizens for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    Trump is now promising to "protect us" from Vietnamese immigrants who came here in the 1970s, many of whom he now wants to deport back to Vietnam. (Can you spell "racist?")

Democrats are not against reasonable security, just not stuff that is counterproductive like the stupid border wall or deporting immigrants who have been good citizens for many years.

Do you know which liberal wrote this?

It's funny about the Democratic party of today. It use to be all about the Blue collar working man. Now it's the party of the intellectual's! So if the mainstream news slants towards them, why wouldn't they? They want to talk about truth and facts and the Right wing news outlets talk about what the President said. Which we all know is nothing but Lies!!!

Do you know that MSNBC won't cover Sara Huckabee Sanders News conferences any more. Why because it's nothing but Lies!!!!

I know, I know. You can't help who your President is (I certainly did though) and you can't help who your liberal democrat friends are. C'est La Vie!

The only wall the Cheeto in Chief should be concerned about right now, is the one that is slowly closing in.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    The only wall the Cheeto in Chief should be concerned about right now, is the one that is slowly closing in.
    Did you like Don before he became president? Or just because he became president?

Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263