Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing  The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Team 57 fishing  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  Last Chance Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 47

Thread: The Trump Presidency

  1. #11

    Default

    Weekly FAKE NEWS Recap

    Boehner: Obamacare repeal and replace 'not what's going to happen'

    http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/23/politi...are/index.html

    Polls: Support for Obamacare at all-time high

    http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/24/politi...igh/index.html

    Glenn Beck: Bannon's 'economic nationalism' agenda is not conservative, it's dangerous

    http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/23/politi...ntv/index.html

    DC residents band together to try and oust Utah congressman

    http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/24/politi...etz/index.html

    White House blocks news organizations from press briefing

    http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/24/medi...gle/index.html

    Trump is spending his political capital and costing the US friends

    http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/24/opinio...son/index.html

    FBI refused White House request to knock down recent Trump-Russia stories

    http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/23/politi...ies/index.html

    White House effort to justify travel ban causes growing concern for some intelligence officials

    http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/23/politi...als/index.html

    Fallen SEAL's dad slams Trump

    http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/26/politi...ump/index.html

    Navy secretary nominee Philip Bilden withdraws

    http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/26/politi...aws/index.html

  2. #12

    Default

    Spicer cracks down on White House leaks
    By Dylan Byers

    (CNN) - White House press secretary Sean Spicer recently checked his aides' cell phones to ensure they weren't communicating with reporters as part of an aggressive effort to stem the recent tide of White House leaks.

    Spicer called staff into his office last week to reiterate his frustration with the leaks, sources with knowledge of the matter said. He informed them that the use of encrypted texting apps, like Signal and Confide, was a violation of the Federal Records Act.

    Then, with White House counsel Don McGahn standing by, Spicer asked his staff to provide him with their cell phones so he could ensure they were not using those apps or corresponding privately with reporters.

    Spicer asked to review both his staff's government-issued and personal cell phones, the sources said. He also specifically asked his staff not to leak information about the meeting or his efforts to crack down on leaks to the media, one source said.

    http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/26/politi...own/index.html

  3. #13

    Default

    TRUMP, PUTIN, AND THE NEW COLD WAR
    What lay behind Russia’s interference in the 2016 election—and what lies ahead?
    By Evan Osnos, David Remnick, and Joshua Yaffa

    The D.N.C. hacks, many analysts believe, were just a skirmish in a larger war against Western institutions and alliances.

    Although the evidence for Russia’s interference appears convincing, it is too easy to allow such an account to become the master narrative of Trump’s ascent—a way to explain the presence of a man who is so alien and discomforting to so much of the population by rendering him in some way foreign. In truth, he is a phenomenon of America’s own making.

    [...]

    Alexey Venediktov, the editor-in-chief of Echo of Moscow, and a figure with deep contacts inside the Russian political élite, said, “Trump was attractive to people in Russia’s political establishment as a disturber of the peace for their counterparts in the American political establishment.” Venediktov suggested that, for Putin and those closest to him, any support that the Russian state provided to Trump’s candidacy was a move in a long-standing rivalry with the West; in Putin’s eyes, it is Russia’s most pressing strategic concern, one that predates Trump and will outlast him. Putin’s Russia has to come up with ways to make up for its economic and geopolitical weakness; its traditional levers of influence are limited, and, were it not for a formidable nuclear arsenal, it’s unclear how important a world power it would be. “So, well then, we have to create turbulence inside America itself,” Venediktov said. “A country that is beset by turbulence closes up on itself—and Russia’s hands are freed.”

    http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/20...e-new-cold-war

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    Weekly FAKE NEWS Recap

    Boehner: Obamacare repeal and replace 'not what's going to happen'

    http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/23/politi...are/index.html

    Polls: Support for Obamacare at all-time high

    http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/24/politi...igh/index.html

    Glenn Beck: Bannon's 'economic nationalism' agenda is not conservative, it's dangerous

    http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/23/politi...ntv/index.html

    DC residents band together to try and oust Utah congressman

    http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/24/politi...etz/index.html

    White House blocks news organizations from press briefing

    http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/24/medi...gle/index.html

    Trump is spending his political capital and costing the US friends

    http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/24/opinio...son/index.html

    FBI refused White House request to knock down recent Trump-Russia stories

    http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/23/politi...ies/index.html

    White House effort to justify travel ban causes growing concern for some intelligence officials

    http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/23/politi...als/index.html

    Fallen SEAL's dad slams Trump

    http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/26/politi...ump/index.html

    Navy secretary nominee Philip Bilden withdraws

    http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/26/politi...aws/index.html
    I would like to make a general statement about all of the "above" links and more. For the 5 years I've been reading and making comments in GD section of FNN. All of the middle of the road to progressives on here were defending President Obama and the Democratic Congressmen and women with great fever!!! Yet the Conservatives on here were saying these Demorats are the "worst" kind of people to govern!!!! Just let the Republicans take over and you will see "ALL" these great things will happen.

    After only 1 month of a Republican in the White House, backed up with a Republican controlled Congress. There is only 2 words to accurately described the situation. We have, "F-ing Chaos!!!!!!!" That's not an exaggeration!!!!!!!!!!

    Where are these people now on FNN who told us how terrible Obama was as a President!!!! They just released a ranking of Obama as President. He hit number 12 out of 44. That's pretty damn good!!!!!!!! No one is going to surpass the top 10 when you consider these Presidents. Lincoln, Washington, Jefferson, Jackson, Teddy Roosevelt, FDR, Truman, Johnson and of course saint Reagan!!!!!!! They said he could even do a little better then 12.

    BREAKING NEWS!!!!! A high speed exitudus is happening with a mass of Republicans towing "fancy boats" is leaving California. When asked at the rest stops where they were going, something about the Carolina's!!!! lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 02-27-2017 at 10:14 AM.

  5. #15

    Default

    The First 100 Lies: The Trump Team’s Flurry Of Falsehoods
    The president and his aides succeeded in reaching the mark in just 36 days.
    By Igor Bobic



    To say that President Donald Trump has a casual relationship with the truth would be a gross understatement. He has repeatedly cited debunked conspiracy theories, pushed voter fraud myths, and embellished his record and accomplishments. The barrage of falsehoods has been so furious that journalists have taken to issuing instant fact-checks during press conferences and calling out false statements during cable news broadcasts.

    All presidents lie, but lying so brazenly and so frequently about even silly factoids like his golf game has put Trump in his own category. His disregard for the truth is reflected in his top aides, who have inflated easily disproved figures like the attendance at his inauguration and even cited terror attacks that never happened.

    The Huffington Post tracked the public remarks of Trump and his aides to compile a list of 100 incidents of egregious falsehoods. Still, it is likely the administration has made dozens of other misleading and exaggerated claims.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b02a1e7dac3ca6

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Thooget of Humilityland
    Posts
    11,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    The First 100 Lies: The Trump Team’s Flurry Of Falsehoods
    The president and his aides succeeded in reaching the mark in just 36 days.
    By Igor Bobic



    To say that President Donald Trump has a casual relationship with the truth would be a gross understatement. He has repeatedly cited debunked conspiracy theories, pushed voter fraud myths, and embellished his record and accomplishments. The barrage of falsehoods has been so furious that journalists have taken to issuing instant fact-checks during press conferences and calling out false statements during cable news broadcasts.

    All presidents lie, but lying so brazenly and so frequently about even silly factoids like his golf game has put Trump in his own category. His disregard for the truth is reflected in his top aides, who have inflated easily disproved figures like the attendance at his inauguration and even cited terror attacks that never happened.

    The Huffington Post tracked the public remarks of Trump and his aides to compile a list of 100 incidents of egregious falsehoods. Still, it is likely the administration has made dozens of other misleading and exaggerated claims.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b02a1e7dac3ca6
    36 days?!?!

    That's YUGE! Record breaking. Best ever.

    Would love to see the Obama administration reach this great feat in just 36 days.

    You Benghazi, safe place, Obama Was Muslim, libtard.

  7. #17

    Default

    Very fake news.
    As you all know by now, Trump has repeatedly accused the MSM of disseminating “fake news”, a charge that is thrown back at Trump by Leftist propaganda media outlets posing as news organizations. For those of you who do not understand what "fake news" is, it is not just unsubstantiated or inaccurate stories that constitute fake news; it’s the biased (and very possibly coordinated) steady drum beat of characterizations, foundationless questions and the one sided selection of what is reported. Following are some examples of MSM fake news.

    1) The Russians “hacked the election”, giving the false impression that Russia was able to get into the voting machines, and designed to lead the viewer to believe that Donald Trump did not win the election fairly, legally or honestly.

    2) Donald Trump is "anti-Semitic" simply because he didn't word things the way they wanted him to, and ignoring or failing to report Trump’s policy positions that constitute the most pro-Israel positions we have seen in decades, including discussions to move the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem and the UN Ambassador’s position to ensure that Israel will be protected at the UN. (Contrast this to Obama’s positions, which pandered to anti-Semitic Islamists and allowed unilateral targeting of Israel for scorn, while turning a blind eye to Palestinian terrorism. Yet, “anti-Semitic” was never a charge levied at Obama).

    3) The Left and the MSM are holding Trump “accountable” for “hate crimes”, “racism” and “bigoted comments” that Trump never engaged in, encouraged, or supported. To the contrary, there are people on the Left who committed violence at pro-Trump rallies sometimes posing as Trump supporters; Soros-funded organizations financed anti-Trump rallies where actual violence did ensue, and Hillary supporters committed violence at Trump’s speeches in Trump’s name. Many “hate crime” incidents were nothing more than conjured up stories designed to paint Trump as evil. The MSM reported all this as “news”, clearly never having checked the facts.

    4) The MSM including CNN, the New York Times, the Guardian, and even the Wall Street Journal among others, falsely characterized Trump as "inviting Russia” to hack Hillary Clinton’s computer, “essentially urging a foreign adversary to conduct cyberespionage against a former Secretary of State.” This was a characterization that totally misinterpreted Trump’s words during the campaign when he pointed out that Russia was not “hacking the election”, and then he sarcastically added that if Russia was hacking the election, he hopes they can find Hillary's missing emails.

    5) The MSM, across the board, labelled the President’s recent Executive Order as a "Muslim ban" despite the fact that it did not mention Muslims, did not include all or even most Muslim countries and was temporary. This was clearly done to support the Left’s claims that Trump is “Islamophobic” and it ignored the fact that the Order was intended simply to pause immigration from "countries of concern," which were selected and designated as such by Obama, for long enough to give the Trump Administration a chance to come up with reasonable vetting procedures.

    6) The MSM “reports” that the President is “unstable”, when in reality it’s nothing more than they don’t like his demeanor or don't agree with his policies.

    7) My favorite is the most recent example: when Trump calls the media out on being fake news, it is characterized as “Trump opposes a free press” and is therefore “dangerous." Round the clock, the press is asking Trump’s aides if the President is going to take action to clamp down on the media or restrict First Amendment rights. Some in the media are making implied comparisons of Trump to tyrants in the Middle East who jail journalists. But Trump never opposed a free press. He opposes a lying press. And he never threatened to make it illegal for the press to continue their lies. He just let us know that he is going to counter them with facts.

    8) Then there is the issue of selective reporting. For example, as soon as Trump was elected, CNN had non-stop coverage of Obama's great "legacy" and all the "great accomplishments" he achieved, like the failing Obamacare, questionable climate change, and his biggest accomplishment of all -- being the first black president (emphasis on his race, obviously attributable to nothing he’s done).

    9) Similarly, as soon as Melania Trump came to the fore, the newstands and stores flooded the stands with photos and stories of America's supposedly beautiful First Ladies, portraying photos of Michelle Obama and Jackie Kennedy on the covers, and glaringly omitting Melania Trump, who was to become the current First Lady mere days after the monthly magazines came out on the stands.

    10) Worst of all, the Left makes accusations of fake news when the news is actually real, but they don’t like the facts or conversely, cites parody as real news. This (purposely) confuses the public and makes it harder to distinguish real news from fake news. Yes, the Left is so full of it, that their claims of fake news are fake.

    All of the above examples demonstrate tactics that the MSM uses to relay fake news, influence public opinion, and lead audiences to pre-determined conclusions. Almost all the MSM news these days is fake. And the President is right: it’s not just fake news; it’s “very fake news”. But very fake news is not news at all. It is commentary, opinion, stories, and sometimes outright fabrications presented as objective fact.

    President Trump’s charge that “the press is the Enemy of the American people” is correct. But it isn’t because “a free and independent press” is a threat. It’s because the MSM, while free, is lacking the objectivity that used to constitute the hallmark of prestigious journalism. The public relies on the media to provide them with unbiased information (to the extent possible), which in turn, will help shape their understanding of events at home and abroad. Yet today, the constant one-sided, biased, and inaccurate reports flowing out of many “news” outlets more closely resemble propaganda, disinformation, or even influence operations, than they do news.

    Information is power. Disinformation hurts the public that the media purports to serve. Yet, at this point, it seems safe to say that you are less informed if rely on the MSM for your information rather than more informed. My advice? Turn off the MSM and find other sources. President Trump is right: the lying press is dangerous.

    From FrontPage Mag

    Deborah Weiss, Esq. is a regular contributor to Frontpage Magazine and a contributing author to the book Saudi Arabia and the Global Islamic Terrorist Network, the main researcher and writer for Council on American-Islamic Relations: Its Use of Lawfare and Intimidation, and the author of The Organization of Islamic Cooperation’s Jihad on Free Speech. Her work can be found at www.vigilancenow.org.

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stinkbait View Post
    Very fake news.
    As you all know by now, Trump has repeatedly accused the MSM of disseminating “fake news”, a charge that is thrown back at Trump by Leftist propaganda media outlets posing as news organizations. For those of you who do not understand what "fake news" is, it is not just unsubstantiated or inaccurate stories that constitute fake news; it’s the biased (and very possibly coordinated) steady drum beat of characterizations, foundationless questions and the one sided selection of what is reported. Following are some examples of MSM fake news.

    1) The Russians “hacked the election”, giving the false impression that Russia was able to get into the voting machines, and designed to lead the viewer to believe that Donald Trump did not win the election fairly, legally or honestly.

    2) Donald Trump is "anti-Semitic" simply because he didn't word things the way they wanted him to, and ignoring or failing to report Trump’s policy positions that constitute the most pro-Israel positions we have seen in decades, including discussions to move the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem and the UN Ambassador’s position to ensure that Israel will be protected at the UN. (Contrast this to Obama’s positions, which pandered to anti-Semitic Islamists and allowed unilateral targeting of Israel for scorn, while turning a blind eye to Palestinian terrorism. Yet, “anti-Semitic” was never a charge levied at Obama).

    3) The Left and the MSM are holding Trump “accountable” for “hate crimes”, “racism” and “bigoted comments” that Trump never engaged in, encouraged, or supported. To the contrary, there are people on the Left who committed violence at pro-Trump rallies sometimes posing as Trump supporters; Soros-funded organizations financed anti-Trump rallies where actual violence did ensue, and Hillary supporters committed violence at Trump’s speeches in Trump’s name. Many “hate crime” incidents were nothing more than conjured up stories designed to paint Trump as evil. The MSM reported all this as “news”, clearly never having checked the facts.

    4) The MSM including CNN, the New York Times, the Guardian, and even the Wall Street Journal among others, falsely characterized Trump as "inviting Russia” to hack Hillary Clinton’s computer, “essentially urging a foreign adversary to conduct cyberespionage against a former Secretary of State.” This was a characterization that totally misinterpreted Trump’s words during the campaign when he pointed out that Russia was not “hacking the election”, and then he sarcastically added that if Russia was hacking the election, he hopes they can find Hillary's missing emails.

    5) The MSM, across the board, labelled the President’s recent Executive Order as a "Muslim ban" despite the fact that it did not mention Muslims, did not include all or even most Muslim countries and was temporary. This was clearly done to support the Left’s claims that Trump is “Islamophobic” and it ignored the fact that the Order was intended simply to pause immigration from "countries of concern," which were selected and designated as such by Obama, for long enough to give the Trump Administration a chance to come up with reasonable vetting procedures.

    6) The MSM “reports” that the President is “unstable”, when in reality it’s nothing more than they don’t like his demeanor or don't agree with his policies.

    7) My favorite is the most recent example: when Trump calls the media out on being fake news, it is characterized as “Trump opposes a free press” and is therefore “dangerous." Round the clock, the press is asking Trump’s aides if the President is going to take action to clamp down on the media or restrict First Amendment rights. Some in the media are making implied comparisons of Trump to tyrants in the Middle East who jail journalists. But Trump never opposed a free press. He opposes a lying press. And he never threatened to make it illegal for the press to continue their lies. He just let us know that he is going to counter them with facts.

    8) Then there is the issue of selective reporting. For example, as soon as Trump was elected, CNN had non-stop coverage of Obama's great "legacy" and all the "great accomplishments" he achieved, like the failing Obamacare, questionable climate change, and his biggest accomplishment of all -- being the first black president (emphasis on his race, obviously attributable to nothing he’s done).

    9) Similarly, as soon as Melania Trump came to the fore, the newstands and stores flooded the stands with photos and stories of America's supposedly beautiful First Ladies, portraying photos of Michelle Obama and Jackie Kennedy on the covers, and glaringly omitting Melania Trump, who was to become the current First Lady mere days after the monthly magazines came out on the stands.

    10) Worst of all, the Left makes accusations of fake news when the news is actually real, but they don’t like the facts or conversely, cites parody as real news. This (purposely) confuses the public and makes it harder to distinguish real news from fake news. Yes, the Left is so full of it, that their claims of fake news are fake.

    All of the above examples demonstrate tactics that the MSM uses to relay fake news, influence public opinion, and lead audiences to pre-determined conclusions. Almost all the MSM news these days is fake. And the President is right: it’s not just fake news; it’s “very fake news”. But very fake news is not news at all. It is commentary, opinion, stories, and sometimes outright fabrications presented as objective fact.

    President Trump’s charge that “the press is the Enemy of the American people” is correct. But it isn’t because “a free and independent press” is a threat. It’s because the MSM, while free, is lacking the objectivity that used to constitute the hallmark of prestigious journalism. The public relies on the media to provide them with unbiased information (to the extent possible), which in turn, will help shape their understanding of events at home and abroad. Yet today, the constant one-sided, biased, and inaccurate reports flowing out of many “news” outlets more closely resemble propaganda, disinformation, or even influence operations, than they do news.

    Information is power. Disinformation hurts the public that the media purports to serve. Yet, at this point, it seems safe to say that you are less informed if rely on the MSM for your information rather than more informed. My advice? Turn off the MSM and find other sources. President Trump is right: the lying press is dangerous.

    From FrontPage Mag

    Deborah Weiss, Esq. is a regular contributor to Frontpage Magazine and a contributing author to the book Saudi Arabia and the Global Islamic Terrorist Network, the main researcher and writer for Council on American-Islamic Relations: Its Use of Lawfare and Intimidation, and the author of The Organization of Islamic Cooperation’s Jihad on Free Speech. Her work can be found at www.vigilancenow.org.
    No Breitbart link!!!!! That's at least an improvement. lol lol lol

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Thooget of Humilityland
    Posts
    11,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stinkbait View Post
    Very fake news.
    See? Fake news.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,122

    Default

    .
    ..
    ...
    .

    now that was a speech!


    .
    ...
    .
    .
    .

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •