Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing  The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Salamander Sinkers  Team 57 fishing  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Lefty View Post
    Chucky, I did bring in a couple of "refugees" from Taiwan -- legally -- my wife Zunliang (Eunice) and stepdaughter Chih-Yen (Isabella).
    Key word "LEGALLY" . We are not talking about taiwan.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Quagga View Post
    I suppose a reboot of this thread was due.

It in no way changes the opinions expressed or the candor used in expressing them - civility where civility is due.

And very much like this current president eschews it, I suspect the same will happen (again) here.
    This new tax bill is terrible. Wow! Companies giving bonuses to there employees. What a terrible plan. Oh. I forgot. There is a large automobile company coming back to Michigan too.

Quote Originally Posted by CHUCKY View Post
    Key word "LEGALLY" . We are not talking about taiwan.
    Hey Dumb *** (and i use that term loosely),

These werent illegals Trump was talking about. This was the group of people who are legal, that we gave quotas for.

Chucks, keep posting. You keep digging the ignorant grave even deeper.

And your help left you high and dry.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Hey Dumb *** (and i use that term loosely),

These werent illegals Trump was talking about. This was the group of people who are legal, that we gave quotas for.

Chucks, keep posting. You keep digging the ignorant grave even deeper.

And your help left you high and dry.
    When? Where ? Fill us in on the details.

Those weren't illegal immigrants that Trump was talking about. They were legal refugees, I think.

And yes, I do think that the tax bill is terrible. When a nation has a huge debt approaching a point of unsustainability and likely economic collapse, and a bill is passed that makes the debt even worse, and takes away money for really important things that the government needs to do -- things that would invest in America and its people, such as infrastructure projects, education, healthcare, science and safety nets to keep people from being too poor, that would build a better future and better economy in the long term -- I do think it is a travesty and it will ultimately make the situation much worse in America.

This new tax bill is terrible. Wow! Companies giving bonuses to there employees. What a terrible plan. Oh. I forgot. There is a large automobile company coming back to Michigan too.
    These Rich Republicans set 'you's' people up like a Bowling pin and are ready to knock you down. In the "Past" we had a Progressive Federal Income tax system to generate money. (Progressive tax's means, based on the ability to pay) Rich people always hated that!!! They always wanted Regressive tax's, where everybody pay's regardless of their abilities to pay.

With the projected Federal Deficits only to get worse in years to come. The Feds are going to have to do something to raise money, so what are they going to do??? Raising Income Tax's??? These "No Good Republicans" just took care of that in the opposite direction. Cut services like S.S. Medicare or the Military budget. I don't think so!!!

The only option left to them is a "VAT tax!!" (Value added tax on consumer items) In other words a Federal sales Tax which is Regressive tax. (Everyone pays it regardless of their ability to pay) Rich people love that!!! They would have had to shoulder so much more of the burden if our system was still on a Progressive tax basis. Now the middle class and working class and poor have to pay more of the much needed tax's.

The Republican Tax plan that just passed, in the long run favors the Rich and Corporations soo much. I can see a day where the Dems use the same slogan the Republicans used against Obama Care. It's a disaster and it needs to be "Repealed and Replaced!!!!"
    Last edited by etucker1959; 01-13-2018 at 08:01 AM.

Actually, they can do even worse than a Value Added Tax, since rich people are probably going to buy more expensive stuff. They can create more fees and fines, even ones that less wealthy people pay more of than the wealthy do. Fining people for not having enough money (which banks often do but government can also do for failure to pay fees) is the ultimate example of that, but there are lots of other ones. They can also make a flat tax rate, which libertarians favor, and now that participation in Obamacare is voluntary, they can take away people's subsidies and make them unable to afford health insurance, to mention some others. And with government's ability to pay for services further crippled, the public will not have the benefit of as many services.

For you Lefties that are so opposed to the tax cut why don't you take that crumb of a refund and send it back to Jerry Brown, I call bull SR#T on every one of you that says you're going to do that. Now all those hundreds of thousands of people that are getting bonuses, how about we make them decline that bonus, even if it was only $500 a year, how would that mak ethem feel? GTFOH with your self righteousness projected on everyone else that disagrees with you

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    These Rich Republicans set 'you's' people up like a Bowling pin and are ready to knock you down. In the "Past" we had a Progressive Federal Income tax system to generate money. (Progressive tax's means, based on the ability to pay) Rich people always hated that!!! They always wanted Regressive tax's, where everybody pay's regardless of their abilities to pay.

With the projected Federal Deficits only to get worse in years to come. The Feds are going to have to do something to raise money, so what are they going to do??? Raising Income Tax's??? These "No Good Republicans" just took care of that in the opposite direction. Cut services like S.S. Medicare or the Military budget. I don't think so!!!

The only option left to them is a "VAT tax!!" (Value added tax on consumer items) In other words a Federal sales Tax which is Regressive tax. (Everyone pays it regardless of their ability to pay) Rich people love that!!! They would have had to shoulder so much more of the burden if our system was still on a Progressive tax basis. Now the middle class and working class and poor have to pay more of the much needed tax's.

The Republican Tax plan that just passed, in the long run favors the Rich and Corporations soo much. I can see a day where the Dems use the same slogan the Republicans used against Obama Care. It's a disaster and it needs to be "Repealed and Replaced!!!!"
    Did you get this from your crystal ball? Maybe you should run for president.

Did you get this from your crystal ball? Maybe you should run for president.
    No crystal ball but straight Logic. Let me explain, we are 20 trillion in debt now. It will be 40 trillion in 10-12 years or less. Even though we are paying just the interest on the debt, it's still a percentage of our total budget. It use to be about 12%, when it get's to be 30% or more. (you have to do something about it) You now have 2 choices if you attack it from the spending side. Slash the military budget or entitlements. Do you see them doing that??? (I don't) Trump's people love their entitlements even though they don't know it. (S.S and Medicare & Medicaid)

Can't raise Income tax's can we??? (every Republican swears an oath to Grover Norquist they will never raise tax's) Once the National debt problem has becomes so great, doing nothing is not an option. You can't do nothing because your just paying money on a debt that was already spent. So what's left that Republicans can actually vote for that won't send them to Republican Heil but an Regressive tax. (Federal sales tax) Which fits into their Republican philosophy!!!! Nothing else would work except slashing entitlements or the Military budget. Which I keep repeating, "they won't do that to any great length!!" What did President Trump say on the campaign trail??? I won't touch your S.S. and your Medicare you earned it!!! The Military budget, what Republican is going to vote to reduce that???

No I don't have a crystal ball!!! But I understand how things work!!! No one can dispute any thing I just wrote as fiction. (If you really understand how these people think!!) Don't just take my word for it, take Senator Brown's words who told Senator Orin Hatch just last month in a meeting. It's in the Republican DNA to always want to slash Federal Income Tax's!!

I might just have a little "Wiley E. Coyote" in me though!!! lol
    Last edited by etucker1959; 01-16-2018 at 01:56 PM.

Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast