Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: conceal carry

Default conceal carry

Was going over the California DOJ website and found this

The prohibition from carrying a concealed handgun does not apply to licensed
    hunters or fishermen while engaged in hunting or fishing, or while going to or
    returning from the hunting expedition . (Pen . Code, § 25640 .) Notwithstanding
    this exception for hunters or fishermen, these individuals may not carry or
    transport loaded firearms when going to or from the expedition . The unloaded
    firearms should be transported in the trunk of the vehicle or in a locked container
    other than the utility or glove compartment . (Pen . Code, § 25610 .)

Does this mean i can legally conceal while fishing without a ccl licence? Don't want to break any laws

It means you need to really research before you start packing on the water. It means just that....while you are on the water (not driving to the water) you can carry concealed with a loaded weapon. I would also think twice about where you are. Inyo or Mono county....san bernardino county very CCW oriented. LA County...anywhere near San Francisco, not so much. It also means that if you end up "printing" and someone calls LEO's, you will more then likely be proned out at gunpoint. I would carry a copy of the PC and the fish and game code section that is pertinent with you to share with the LEO if you are stopped as many will never have heard of it. California has over 1,800 pages of gun laws with more coming and many LEO's do not keep up. Depends on where you live....just get a ccw.

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo View Post
    It means you need to really research before you start packing on the water. It means just that....while you are on the water (not driving to the water) you can carry concealed with a loaded weapon. I would also think twice about where you are. Inyo or Mono county....san bernardino county very CCW oriented. LA County...anywhere near San Francisco, not so much. It also means that if you end up "printing" and someone calls LEO's, you will more then likely be proned out at gunpoint. I would carry a copy of the PC and the fish and game code section that is pertinent with you to share with the LEO if you are stopped as many will never have heard of it. California has over 1,800 pages of gun laws with more coming and many LEO's do not keep up. Depends on where you live....just get a ccw.
    Very well said and great advice Viejo

... you will more then likely be proned out at gunpoint.
    And nowadays, this scenario is even scarier than getting attacked by a mountain lion in the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    And nowadays, this scenario is even scarier than https://sizzling-hot-play.com attacked by a mountain lion in the woods.
    Totally agree.
    Last edited by johnass; 12-20-2018 at 11:45 PM.

Better to have if needed, rather than need and not have IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by tpfishnfool View Post
    Better to have if needed, rather than need and not have IMO.
    For other humans with guns, or mountain lions, I'm confused here.

Quote Originally Posted by Serg View Post
    Was going over the California DOJ website and found this

The prohibition from carrying a concealed handgun does not apply to licensed
    hunters or fishermen while engaged in hunting or fishing, or while going to or
    returning from the hunting expedition . (Pen . Code, § 25640 .) Notwithstanding
    this exception for hunters or fishermen, these individuals may not carry or
    transport loaded firearms when going to or from the expedition . The unloaded
    firearms should be transported in the trunk of the vehicle or in a locked container
    other than the utility or glove compartment . (Pen . Code, § 25610 .)

Does this mean i can legally conceal while fishing without a ccl licence? Don't want to break any laws

One thing I didn't mention was that it is only a matter of time until the liberal horde finds this hidden gem and makes it go away because "It might save just one life".

One thing I didn't mention was that it is only a matter of time until the liberal horde finds this hidden gem and makes it go away because "It might save just one life".
    While I somewhat agree. I’ve seen the anger on the roads and lakes. People are getting out of control, but here in lies the problem. More guns to ‘protect from the crazies equals more guns and chances for stupid s**t to happen. I do have an enormous 14” razor sharp tuna filet knife I carry to clean fish or stop morons that may be stupid enough to try to board our boat. Not any good against a gun, but I don’t plan on EVER engaging in a shootout while fishing. It’s more of a deterrent to keep them from boarding should they have a massive anger issue and some jet skiers and wake boarders are just plain a**holes. If I did back country fishing, then he’ll yes I would consider packing.

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    While I somewhat agree. I’ve seen the anger on the roads and lakes. People are getting out of control, but here in lies the problem. More guns to ‘protect from the crazies equals more guns and chances for stupid s**t to happen. I do have an enormous 14” razor sharp tuna filet knife I carry to clean fish or stop morons that may be stupid enough to try to board our boat. Not any good against a gun, but I don’t plan on EVER engaging in a shootout while fishing. It’s more of a deterrent to keep them from boarding should they have a massive anger issue and some jet skiers and wake boarders are just plain a**holes. If I did back country fishing, then he’ll yes I would consider packing.
    I seldom find myself in places where large groups of people recreate anymore. Mainly hike in locations anymore. Bottom line is avoidance and situational awareness....at my age it's easy to keep in mind that " I'm as good once as I once was" (if that) and it's a lot easier now for me to just disengage and retreat. My knife fighting days ended when I came back from my second tour and took off the uniform in Everett, WA many years ago. It's a mindset that has had to be extended to where wild fish live....both here in SoCal and throughout many of the accessible wild places in the West. No different then I have to be very mindful of how I wade or boulder hop (crawl) and watching weather conditions.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast